• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Friend gave his wife a new truck... '57 Chevy! Pics and vid!

ShawnZR-1

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
This was quite the surprise for my good friend's wife! He posted on the other forum I hang on on: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-topic/3485592-truck-update-the-reveal.html

Here are a few teaser pics:
libs57.jpg

LIBS57A.jpg

libs5723.jpg

And a video:

About the only thing 'original' on it is the VIN and 3 body panels :)

It's absolutely beautiful!! If you see it on the road, give a wave!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder what she gave him :p

beautiful truck, I could never give one to my wife. She'd park right next to all the other cars at the grocery store and come home with dings

Yeah, I got to wrench on it already! The initial drive home was plagued with throttle cable issues. It was too long and binding. The builder came over yesterday and we went through a punch list to make it right.

For the interested: It's a Chevy 400 mated to a 700R4 transmission. Holley 750 Double Pumper, good for about 350 HP with the current jetting. We're not planning on changing that, it's a cruiser.

As you can tell, she was surprised, thrilled and completely enthralled with it! I'm not so much a truck guy but I'm in love with it!!

he bought it for her....sure he did...lol

unless it's upgraded with modern steering,suspension,radio,AC and brakes and after the first trip to the grocery store she is going to hate it..

Nice truck though

Last edited:
No, it was BUILT for her, from the ground up. New frame, new engine, new transmission, rack and pinion steering, 4 wheel disc brakes, A/C, etc. COMPLETELY NEW EVERYTHING. It was a year in the making. It drives unbelievably well!

Nice!

Love the color.
Dont see many chicks that like driving pickups

A friend of mines wife bought him a new tundra for Christmas. I said wow that's nice of her. He says " well I paid her way thru med school."

Back
Top Bottom