• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Friday Night Beer Review

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
Stone Delicious IPA. It's a fairly big (7.7abv) beer with the heart of a fresh hop IPA. It's not boozy, just very juicy and citrusy. It's simple, and not all that complex, but it's not supposed to be -- just really hop forward. Stone used Lemon Drop and El Dorado hops, and lots of them. Very pleasant but short finish. For Atlanta folks familiar with Twains bar and brewery, it has many of the same characteristics as Criminal Sin. High praise really, and aptly named in my opinion.

I don't know why the SOB flipped.
IMG_0671.jpg

love a good IPA..Stone knows how to brew a good one....I'm still waiting for Hopslam to be released! I thought they said Feb/Mar

love a good IPA..Stone knows how to brew a good one....I'm still waiting for Hopslam to be released! I thought they said Feb/Mar
I've already had this year's offering. I did a FB review on the 20th of February. Here it is.

Bell's Hopslam 2015. What a disappointment. No fresh hop nose, musty with a hint of rotting cherries. No bitterness except on the finish and it's not even that pleasant. No bitter, citrusy stickiness at all. Save your money. Buy something from Ballast Point or Green Flash.

IMG_0621.jpg

wow that sounds disappointing!
I was incredibly disappointed. I'd been looking forward to it as well. Get the Burnt Hickory Cannon Dragger from Kennesaw. Excellent, probably better than the (2014) Hopsalm. Too much sweetness in the Bells after more than one anyway.

Fingers crossed that the Sierra Nevada Hoptimum delivers.

Last edited:
My beverage of choice tonight is a Hopstache Black IPA.

I added more hops to the finish and it came out fantastic.

here's what the beer reviewers say....

Deep ruby whiskers compliment the nearly jet black Hopstache. Its beige head is thick with notes of citrusy, herbal, piney hops that weave between wisps of biscuit and roasted malt. A commanding hop presence lingers with pleasant bitterness, sculpted by fruity esters for a pointed, mildly warming finish. Pleasant carbonation follows the curling, twisted tangle of flavor, contributing a smooth mouthfeel, medium body and lasting impression.

A selection of distinctive homeland hops creates a resinous, piney, citrusy rush of in-your-’stache hop goodness. Columbus, Citra, Centennial, and Mosaic intermingle to create a bristling bushel of lupulin, while dry hop additions of Amarillo and Simcoe condition the aroma into polished, full-grown perfection.

Attachments

• IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 20
I was incredibly disappointed. I'd been looking forward to it as well. Get the Burnt Hickory Cannon Dragger from Kennesaw. Excellent, probably better than the (2014) Hopsalm. Too much sweetness in the Bells after more than one anyway.

Fingers crossed that the Sierra Nevada Hoptimum delivers.

i'll have to try it! Thanks!

My beverage of choice tonight is a Hopstache Black IPA.

I added more hops to the finish and it came out fantastic.

here's what the beer reviewers say....

Deep ruby whiskers compliment the nearly jet black Hopstache. Its beige head is thick with notes of citrusy, herbal, piney hops that weave between wisps of biscuit and roasted malt. A commanding hop presence lingers with pleasant bitterness, sculpted by fruity esters for a pointed, mildly warming finish. Pleasant carbonation follows the curling, twisted tangle of flavor, contributing a smooth mouthfeel, medium body and lasting impression.

A selection of distinctive homeland hops creates a resinous, piney, citrusy rush of in-your-’stache hop goodness. Columbus, Citra, Centennial, and Mosaic intermingle to create a bristling bushel of lupulin, while dry hop additions of Amarillo and Simcoe condition the aroma into polished, full-grown perfection.
Jeezuz, everything from citrusy hops to spice and damned near everything in between. Sounds like a casserole of a beer! And excellent.

I like the Stone stouts. I have moved away from the IPA's - I just dislike all the extreme hoppiness, which is weird as that's what I used to crave.

Back
Top Bottom