• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Free AR stripped lowers for LIFE!!!!

GeorgiaHunter

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Haha. Thought that would get your attention. Here it is though. An affordable 3D printer, the bane of western civilization due to its ability to make AR15 lowers. The dimensions on this are big enough to enclose a lower so presumably would also be able to make it......?????

Disclaimer: I know nothing about using 3D printers but I'm pretty sure I read that some people had used one to make lowers that actually performed, at least for a little while.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-I...0150803|DremelIdeaBuilder|IdeaBuilderMaker1L1

Its been possible to print them for a few years now. Its just they wont hold up very long. They have gotten better. They real nice thing is you can print your own High cap mags if they are ever banned.

Its been possible to print them for a few years now. Its just they wont hold up very long. They have gotten better. They real nice thing is you can print your own High cap mags if they are ever banned.
Yeah, I'm sure they hold up for a little while but what happens when they fail.

Are you familiar with 3D printing? If so, is this a good price for a 3D printer? Not that I'll be running out to get one but I do want to make sure it's a steal since I put it in this category.

Yeah, I'm sure they hold up for a little while but what happens when they fail.

Are you familiar with 3D printing? If so, is this a good price for a 3D printer? Not that I'll be running out to get one but I do want to make sure it's a steal since I put it in this category.

I looked into these a while ago, and there's lot's of little details, (materials, nozzle sizes, step sizes etc), that determine the detail of the end result, (think resolution), so hard to say if it's a deal without really digging into the latest offerings.

This looks like fun too.

Wow, pretty cool idea. I like how we Americans can think outside the box to solve a problem, namely the NFA 1934/GCA 1968. Think 80% lowers, Sig braces and bumpfire stocks!!!

Just continues to demonstrate the ridiculousness of American gun laws. But at least we are still allowed some.

I looked into these a while ago, and there's lot's of little details, (materials, nozzle sizes, step sizes etc), that determine the detail of the end result, (think resolution), so hard to say if it's a deal without really digging into the latest offerings.

This pretty much sums it up. The printers themselves are not that expensive, but the media (plastics) can add up quick. The nozzles will clog, and you will have lots of waste in the beginning. The whole technology is getting better every day, so it wont be long before everyone has one of these things.

Back
Top Bottom