• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forsyth Gun and Pawn... apparently I won't be shoppping there.

GeorgiaGun1

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
I've been working on that side of town and figured I'd stop in and check out the selection.
First thing I saw was a sign on the front door stating no loaded weapons allowed.
Ok fine.... it's a pawn shop and I know idiots will leave a weapon loaded and bring it in to pawn. Upon opening the door I'm confronted with two more large signs stating again no loaded weapons in the store.

Well now I'm a little confused. A gun store should be supporting our second amendment. If I wanted to go somewhere I couldn't carry I'd go to Starbucks.
So since I'm half in the store now the lady at the counter asks if she can help.
I politely ask "can we carry in here?" She shakes her head no... "ok thank you" I say. And turn around and leave.

Anyone know the owner? Is there a reason they don't support a citizens right to carry a firearm in thier business?

You haven't been carrying very long, have you?

About 25 years. However, I also choose to spend my money at places that support my rights.
And since I was working I had a full size Glock 17 outside the waistband. With just a shirt over it. Would have been easily seen.

I really like that store and the people that run it. They get in some unusual stuff, and occasionally have some pretty good deals. I've never had an issue with carrying there, I've asked them if I can try my gun in on of their holsters and they said it's fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I did the same thing at a store/range and asked if carrying was strictly not allowed since the sign said "No Loaded Weapons." Employee said it was fine as long as it remained holstered. They didn't want people pulling out loaded guns in the store.
The signs are up but mostly for people walking guns in by hand. I work at an LGS and we don’t have any signs however it’s not uncommon and I’ve never seen a local shop enforce any kind of concealed carry policy other than keep it holstered.

The reasons? We’ve had 6 negligent discharges in the past 2 years inside the store from customers and are loosing business with office pops

Back
Top Bottom