Ford Raptor - Are they really that awesome?

Talks crap about everyone else's trucks; can't park between the lines...

:p

Ok, this thread needs more Raptor.

file

I didn't park it....blame @Bgolden84

Also WTH are these manufacturers doing branding the front of new trucks will billboards....that crap needs to stop

I'm a Ford fan, but yeah, totally agree.

That is the 2017 model so hopefully they can fix it before it goes into production.

New Raptor will have a special frame and is 500 pounds lighter than previous model. Interesting that they chose to put the 3.5 Ecoboost motor in it, though. Supposedly more power but...

I'm not a huge ecoboost fan, I don't think the longevity is there expecially in the towing department. Sure I saw an ecoboost tow a 747 on top gear but I don't think the turbos and a v6 would give years of reliability. IF I was to buy an new Ford it would be a 5.0 truck or the raptor before they do away with the 6.2

I'm a Ford fan, but yeah, totally agree.

That is the 2017 model so hopefully they can fix it before it goes into production.

New Raptor will have a special frame and is 500 pounds lighter than previous model. Interesting that they chose to put the 3.5 Ecoboost motor in it, though. Supposedly more power but...

I've heard some bad things about those Ecoboost engines in the trucks....

So the new Raptor will have aluminum body panels? That seems odd for a truck that is supposed to be off-road ready. One dent and you got a BIG repair bill...

So a little call out to post pictures of your trucks is all it took to shut this thread down??
I've heard some bad things about those Ecoboost engines in the trucks....

So the new Raptor will have aluminum body panels? That seems odd for a truck that is supposed to be off-road ready. One dent and you got a BIG repair bill...

Meh. The weight savings are a bigger advantage for most people that are going to be your average driver of them. The more serious ones money isn't an issue because lets face it running the baja in it your panels are screwed either way...

Chevy don't make it, so I don't drive it!:car:
Meh. All the big three vehicles are low quality

I got assigned a 04 Chevy 3/4 ton 2wd cab and a half pickup to drive for a week
It groans under the front everytime you turn the wheels

When you put it Ina twist like driving out of a store onto the highway you can hear the weatherstripping in the doors squeaking because the cab is flexing a lot

Sucks down gas like you wouldn't believe and has half the power of the tundra I just had to turn back in to the fleet
Maybe the new ones are better, I sure hope so

Car companies make their short term money on the sale of new ones. But they make the reputation on the quality of the old ones

The Japanese companies are the only ones that seem to understand this

I just noticed the Ram banner at the top of the page while reading this.

I don't think that anyone, even us Chevy guys, would argue with the fact that the Cummins dodges are in a league of their own. So yeah, I guess you gotta give Dodge credit for outsourcing their drivetrains to someone who knows what they are doing.;)
Ford got their diesels from international and when they tried to design their own , the 6.0 , well. Most of em self destructed before the warranty even expired

Chevy buys their diesels from a Japanese company. Isuzu

Ford got their diesels from international and when they tried to design their own , the 6.0 , well. Most of em self destructed before the warranty even expired

Chevy buys their diesels from a Japanese company. Isuzu
The 6.0 and 6.4 were both Navistar engines the new engine is a Ford diesel. The 6.4 made the 6.0 look like the old 7.3. The 6.0 can be made into a good engine but it requires work and money.

Back
Top Bottom