• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

? For the scattergun guys.....

When a folding stocked Ruger Mini 14 was my truck gun, I believe I had
four 30-round mags with me on the road. One in the gun and three of them in a pouch/vest stored right next to the gun.
( The idea of caring 500 or 1000 rounds for defensive purposes for a private citizen in peacetime is just ridiculous).

Now, when I carry a pump action shotgun in my vehicle for defense
(as the only long gun), I usually just have the tubular magazine of the gun fully loaded, and I keep handy one extra box 5-round box of buckshot,
and another five rounds of slugs.

If I need to bring out the shotgun in an emergency
and if I have 10 extra seconds to spare (which is doubtful)
I would rip open each box of slugs and buckshot and dump them into two separate pockets of the clothing I am wearing.

P.S. I also make sure to carry a couple rounds of small bird shot in a Ziploc bag somewhere in my vehicle. Not for life-threatening emergencies, but in case I needed to dispatch a wounded animal or rabid / nuisance animal in an urban or suburban area where it wouldn't be good to have big hunks of lead flying around.
Smart idea with the birdshot, not everyone thinks to keep that handy that isn’t a hunter.

depends. I had a short shotgun as a truck gun until I practiced what it would take shooting on the move. It's damn near impossible to aim a shotgun and work the action while also driving. Especially with a tac 14 or similar.

I went with a braced 9mm pistol. Can shoot 1 handed if needed, and the dot helps me make hits at 50-100 yards. As powerful as a 12 gauge? Nope. But it can fit in a glove box if needed.

I keep this in my truck, no extra shells but what's on her.
1625490288059951894351950903995.jpg

Back
Top Bottom