• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fnh fnp 45 tactical

chosinsteve132

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
I got this as a birthday present from my wife back in October and thought I would put a post in here about it. First off I'll tell you that I'll be uploading pictures of this pistol sometime in the next day or so. My wife knew I wanted another gun for my birthday and she didn't know exactly which one to get me so she went with me to GT Distributors in Rossville and I picked out the FNP 45 Tactical. I could have gotten it in FDE but have got a few FDE guns so I went with Black. I had done some research and knew it to be cheapest there, plus FNH has a rebate for military personnel right now for $150 back. It was priced at $816 and with the rebate it made it $666 plus tax. I've been to several stores and seen these pistols fluxuate from $899 to $1,016. Once I had the pistol I noticed how big it is but it fits well in the hand even though it is a high cap 45. The barrel is threaded and has a thread cover. It comes in an Eagle soft zip tactical pouch that includes 3, 15 round magazines with color matching base bumpers. You get the neccessary cable lock and key. You also get mounting pieces so that if you wanted to mount a Doc Optic or Trijicon RMR you could. The pouches that hold everything in the case are moveable due to velcro being used on the pouches. As I said before, the barrel is threaded so if you want to use a suppressor you can once you get your stamp back. It has Trijicon night sights that sit high so it can be used with the suppressor. All controls on the pistol are truly ambi. The decocker/safety, mag release, slide release are ambi. The trigger pull on the FNP 45 Tactical does not feel too bad. I think it is a smooth shooter. I have only put 30 rounds down range with it but am thoroughly impressed with it. This is a really good deal if you do your homework and can get it at a reasonable price.

I've had my usg for 2 years now. It is extremely accurate, has never missed a beat, and is the softest shooting pistol I own. I read some of the criticisms on the interwebz, but decided to take a look anyway. Most of the criticisms have been centered around looks or perceived cheap feel. I could care less about how impressive my gun is to other people. It's a carry gun, a working gun. All that matters s function. And it gets an A+ in function. The icing on the cake is the versatility; DA/SA, full ambi controls, unbeatable capacity, and a safety/decocker. You can carry SA cocked and locked, first shot DA, left handed, right handed, switch hands... whatever you need to do, this gun will do it.

This gun is truly awesome; it's not fancy, but it works. I love it!

Az

Back
Top Bottom