• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FN FNX45 tactical

Allsmiles

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
Just got back from first time out with my FDE FNX45 and just WOW. I used the lined flat back strap instead of the hard checkered one for this trip. The gun ran 100 rounds of the:shocked: high quality Monarch steel case ammo without a single issue. Wanted to try it out first with the cheapest stuff I could find and see how it did. I was told they are not ammo picky and that is the truth! Accuracy was very good for cheap ammo once I got used to where the POI was with the suppressor sights. Rounds were hitting very consistency at the bottom edge of the night site dot at 7-8 yards. It may have just been my old eyes causing this; but very repeatable. The trigger is very nice and has a short reset. Trigger pull is nice (reported to be about 4.5#) and very smooth. DOA trigger pull is heavier; but less than other DOA that I had shot. Recoil was very manageable and double taps were easier to do than with my 1911's. I can't wait to get my TiRant and see how it performs.

Cleaning the gun was about 5 minutes total including getting out cleaning kit. Very easy to field strip due to captured flat wire guide rod only having to be compressed about 1/16 of an inch to remove. Remove barrel thread protector and slide out barrel.

The only issue that I had was trying to get 15 rounds in the mags. 2 of the 3 mags are still too stiff to get the 15th round in them without steel thumbs. I guess I will load them up and let them set for a few days.

I was really impressed with the gun. I guess they do live up to all the hype that you hear about them. How long does it take for the mag springs to relax a little bit?

I know this is an older thread.
But, I just had to add my comments.
I think I am in love!
Just put the Trijicon RMR on mine. and all I can say is WOW!
Dumping 15 rounds in a 3" circle at 74feet, consistently. (indoor range max)

FDE with TiRant45

Attachments

• 20160212_120408.jpg
    20160212_120408.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom