• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flat Earth

The fact that this thread continues to grow and show up on the first page scares me. This doesn't bode well for the intelligence level in our society or our future. A little science is a dangerous thing.
LOL!
Think of it this obvious way: 2015 and people still believe ridiculous ancient stories that have zero evidence backing them

How far up do you need to get?
View attachment 544807
Okay, so let's for one second forget the apparent impossibility for anyone to perceive a curved horizon. We'll just toss it out the proverbial window along with the fact that everyone else seems to have no problem visually processing the curvature of the Earth. We can, for the purposes of this discussion, replace that evidence with the honorable, and academically respected "FlyerTalk" forum screenshot...

Now... I would like to ask which of those pilots every reached the horizon. They fly, up in the air for sometimes 10 hours flying at 500 mph (5000 miles) Now I know that even from a height of 35000 feet a pilot cannot see from Atlanta to California (20% less distance)... So When do they reach the horizon? When do they get there and say I've made it to the horizon, look beyond it, and see nothing?

So on this image that you supplied, I believe you said that the Earths diameter was 25,000 miles right? or was it the circumference that was 25k miles? Circumference = diameter times pi and Diameter equals circumference divided by pi. So no matter how you work it, it doesn't.

If it's a claimed 25k mile diameter, it is short by about 5 thousand miles (another Africa in the pic)
If it's a claimed 25k mile circumference, it would be off by over 10k miles.

You can look at a map if you want to question my distance measurement. Its from Dakar, the western most part of the continent, to the eastern most part.

Unless you want to say that math is also just a lie...

image.jpg

Hey are all computer models... This just keeps getting better!
One of the top trending things online today was a group of 5 students (probably part of the conspiracy) sent a gopro up in a weather balloon. It went up around 100 miles before falling to Earth. I know it's probably a wide angle lense shot, but my goodness the Earth was round.

Last edited:
Another couple questions...

1) According to the flat Earth fairy tale, gravity isn't real. We are held onto the earth because it is rushing upwards into infinity. Correct? If the the Earth were flat, and gravity wasn't real, orbit of the Earth wouldn't then be possible. Right? So do you also not believe satellites are real? If you don't believe satellites are real, can you explain google maps and the like?

2) Again, according to flat Earth, with gravity not being a real force, how is it that things falling toward Earth ACCELERATE at a rate of -9.8m/s squared? If gravity weren't real, that rate of acceleration would only be possible if the Earth were accelerating toward the "falling" object... If that were the case, wouldn't the Earth have to be exponentially increasing its speed with a rate of acceleration of 9.8m/s squared...

If you can legitimately answer number 2, you deserve a nobel prize.

Another couple questions...

1) According to the flat Earth fairy tale, gravity isn't real. We are held onto the earth because it is rushing upwards into infinity. Correct? If the the Earth were flat, and gravity wasn't real, orbit of the Earth wouldn't then be possible. Right? So do you also not believe satellites are real? If you don't believe satellites are real, can you explain google maps and the like?

2) Again, according to flat Earth, with gravity not being a real force, how is it that things falling toward Earth ACCELERATE at a rate of -9.8m/s squared? If gravity weren't real, that rate of acceleration would only be possible if the Earth were accelerating toward the "falling" object... If that were the case, wouldn't the Earth have to be exponentially increasing its speed with a rate of acceleration of 9.8m/s squared...

If you can legitimately answer number 2, you deserve a nobel prize.
You are obviously a rocket scientist, it's not up to me to prove anything to you, believe what you are told. Maybe this thread is not for you? Move along...

Back
Top Bottom