FIXED

Yup, in general, it needs more dwell time than the 5.56,

So how much shorter is it cause I only know about 4 different length of gas tubes. Pistol, carbine, midlength, and rifle.....there are plenty of 16 inch guns with carbine length has systems that run fine and aren't pistol length gas systems.

So how much shorter is it cause I only know about 4 different length of gas tubes. Pistol, carbine, midlength, and rifle.....there are plenty of 16 inch guns with carbine length has systems that run fine and aren't pistol length gas systems.
Yup that's true. Anything less than 16 and you go with pistol length. It also greatly depends on what ammo yr shooting as well. You prob won't find many(or any) successful midlegth or especially rifle length barrels for 300blk

Well that's a good start at least it's the right length. If the extractor doesnt help, check the gas block alignment and the gas rings. Then try the buffer spring. After that you may have to take it so a gun smith can actually look it over

My guess is that it probably has to do with the A2 buffer system or ejection spring. Carbine length gas is fine.

Also forget what you know about 5.56 AR's this is not the same, use a standard buffer, unless you have a pistol length system and only shoot supersonic.

5.56, with carbine-length gas system
Peak Chamber Pressure(psi), 64,800
Cycling Port Pressure (psi), 27,400

300BLK supersonic
carbine-length gas system
63,100 peak pressure
11,500 port cycling presure

pistol-length gas system
63,100 peak pressure
20,000 port cycling pressure

300BLK subsonic
carbine-length gas system