• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fixed Front site removal on my M&P 15X

Good luck. If you were a westsider I could help.

Thanks, they probably won't charge as long as I buy it from them. That's why I needed clarification on you tube all they did was showing it being removed and I didn't understand what to do with the gas tube?

In addition to oops directions, I would add that you need to start with a punch with a head larger than the pin and a good heavy hammer. You really need to smack them to get them moving initially. Sometimes, they just won't come out and you have to cut it off.

Got a holo sight on my flat top and it's in the way

What holo sight are you running? Most properly designed sights will allow an absolute or lower 1/3rd cowitness, meaning your reticle is visible over the FSB.

Before removing the FSB, you need to really think through how you want to reconfigure the upper. Do you have a rail on it currently? What will you use for a front sight & how will you mount it? What will you replace the FSB with?

I could help you remove it, as I have the proper tools, but before you do, you really need to decide what you'll do after you get it off.

What holo sight are you running? Most properly designed sights will allow an absolute or lower 1/3rd cowitness, meaning your reticle is visible over the FSB.

Before removing the FSB, you need to really think through how you want to reconfigure the upper. Do you have a rail on it currently? What will you use for a front sight & how will you mount it? What will you replace the FSB with?

I could help you remove it, as I have the proper tools, but before you do, you really need to decide what you'll do after you get it off.

All this is new to me I have a sight mark ultra shot. I'm in Stockbridge about 3 times a week if you have time let me know ill come by if you don't mind and ill pick your brain

Back
Top Bottom