• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fixed Front site removal on my M&P 15X

Jerry

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
97   0
Reaction score
I've searched you tube and can't find a video that shows start to finish any suggestions on where to look or take it would be appreciated

I think you knock the pins out. Not an easy task sometimes. You might get the pins out then need a press to get the sight off. Some times they will come off no problem. A guy on weapon evolution had a really hard time with one. Why do you want to take it off?

I think you knock the pins out. Not an easy task sometimes. You might get the pins out then need a press to get the sight off. Some times they will come off no problem. A guy on weapon evolution had a really hard time with one. Why do you want to take it off?

Got a holo sight on my flat top and it's in the way

Got a holo sight on my flat top and it's in the way
Well if you have a grinder you can cut it very carefully to remove it or just cut the tower off. I would not do that though. You could more easily find someone that would trade uppers. You could carefully cut it off and replace it with a different gas block.

1. Empty gun
2. Remove upper from lower and BCG and CH from upper
3. Remove hand guards
4. Clamp barrelled upper in barrel vise in your vise
5. Remove flash hider and washer using the proper wrench
6. Remove barrelled upper and place on padded surface
7. Locate small end of tapered pins in FSB and place upper with the small ends facing up
8. Place piece of wood under the FSB
9. Using a ball peen hammer and proper punch - carefully knock out the taper pins. Liquid wrench can be used 20 minutes before to help
10. Once the pins are removed - use a plastic mallet and knock out the FSB. The gas tube will come out with it
11. Remove the gas tube from the FSB
12. Now your rifle is useless until you get a YHM folding front sight gas block and reassemble.

1. Empty gun
2. Remove upper from lower and BCG and CH from upper
3. Remove hand guards
4. Clamp barrelled upper in barrel vise in your vise
5. Remove flash hider and washer using the proper wrench
6. Remove barrelled upper and place on padded surface
7. Locate small end of tapered pins in FSB and place upper with the small ends facing up
8. Place piece of wood under the FSB
9. Using a ball peen hammer and proper punch - carefully knock out the taper pins. Liquid wrench can be used 20 minutes before to help
10. Once the pins are removed - use a plastic mallet and knock out the FSB. The gas tube will come out with it
11. Remove the gas tube from the FSB
12. Now your rifle is useless until you get a YHM folding front sight gas block and reassemble.

Thanks, I think. 12 seemed a little condescending

Thanks, Sounds a little involved ill see how much my gun shop will charge to do it if I buy the YHM folding front sight from them. I'd just hate to start and wind up having to bring them a bag o gun

Back
Top Bottom