• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First Kayak

You are so lucky! I've been wanting one for 2 years. I get stuck in "analysis paralysis" and can't pull the trigger. Just can't decide if I want a 10 footer, or 12 footer. Pretty sure I want an SOT. Not sure if I'll be happy with a cheap one, of if I want an expensive one so I won't have to buy another. Don't know what kind of paddle I want. So here I sit, 2 years later, none the wiser, and without one. And there you are with a great purchase! I admire you and you have inspired me to just get one!

Being a cheapskate keeps me out of all that analysis. Lol.

Sadly, I'm a cheapskate too. That's another reason I don't have one yet. LOL.

You cant put a price on fun. Just do it man. You will not be sorry. We need a Kayak smiley.
www.smiley_lol.com_smiley_mer_pirogue.gif

You are not a cheapskate, you are "thrifty"!
See how I turned that into a positive?
(I do that regarding me all the time, lol.)

My dad always called himself frugal. I made fun of him, and now I am worse I think. I have not achieved Grandpa Crippen levels of cheapness however. The man would reuse paper plates, and napkins. I don't just mean ones that had hardly been used, I mean if he thought they still had a little life in them they weren't getting thrown out. He also would rinse of his ice cubes after he finished a drink and toss em' back in the freezer.

Oh and don't dare flush a toilet in the mans house unless you did more than pee in it.

My dad always called himself frugal. I made fun of him, and now I am worse I think. I have not achieved Grandpa Crippen levels of cheapness however. The man would reuse paper plates, and napkins. I don't just mean ones that had hardly been used, I mean if he thought they still had a little life in them they weren't getting thrown out. He also would rinse of his ice cubes after he finished a drink and toss em' back in the freezer.

Oh and don't dare flush a toilet in the mans house unless you did more than pee in it.

Oh yeah there's no sense in arguing with anyone who lived through the depression.
They waste nothing, everything is saved as in "Waste not, Want not".

Back
Top Bottom