• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First hunt in over two months.

Some of you may know this but my beautiful bride of 33 years of marriage has cancer.
I’ve been taking care of her full time and had to put everything on hold to make sure she’s taken care of right.
She had a half decent day last night and asked me to go out back for a power hour hunt.
I had crossbow success at very last light on a doe.
Very happy.

There was a very big herd that was on a trail below me and I heard them on the ridge to my left and they came down the hill and crossed at the creek bottom and up the other ridge….ten minutes later a few of them came back but this one decided to come up towards me…..big mistake.
Swhacker was devastating.
Prayer for you and your wife.Just went through this myself and there is hope in prayer.

I'll put in a good word with the man upstairs for you and your wife for the foreseeable future and hope for a complete recovery. It's very hard to hear about from someone, especially one from our community. Consider it done. 🙏

Very nice kill in such a short hunt that's really nice you had that little break there. Anyways you guys have as happy a holiday 🎊 as much as you can considering and God bless the both of you. I will call my family and get the prayer warriors in action.

Well wishes and congratulations to you and the missus ! I pray she gets better everyday and fully recovers.
Standing beside her and helping is the best thing you can do as a spouse….. again, prayers for her well being !

(I had to come and add: Nice looking doe ! That should put a little sweet meat in the freezer ! )

She’s doing really well with the cancer treatment but the big problem comes from excruciating pain from all the missing parts after the surgery a year ago.
Pelvic floor pain is no freaking joke I don’t wish it on anyone.

Some of you may know this but my beautiful bride of 33 years of marriage has cancer.
I’ve been taking care of her full time and had to put everything on hold to make sure she’s taken care of right.
She had a half decent day last night and asked me to go out back for a power hour hunt.
I had crossbow success at very last light on a doe.
Very happy.

There was a very big herd that was on a trail below me and I heard them on the ridge to my left and they came down the hill and crossed at the creek bottom and up the other ridge….ten minutes later a few of them came back but this one decided to come up towards me…..big mistake.
Swhacker was devastating.
I would like to first say that I commend you for your dedication to your wife during her trying times. I wish her nothing but quick recovery and good health. I’d also like to say that I feel that people are rewarded for their good deeds unto others and feel that you got some of that. Congrats to your success on your hunt

Back
Top Bottom