• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First AR build

renault314

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
Me, Dad and Brother sit around and try to build AR from scratch. I was in the military so have taken a few apart for cleaning but thats about it. Went together pretty easy. Some mistakes, didnt get the ring retainer on the delta ring quite right the first time, and over tighten the flashider so had to replace crush washer. also i didnt tighten the gas block down so the first time i shot it it wouldnt cycle. but the BIGGEST problem was that the disconnector i got in the DPMS parts kit was a little out of spec. Of course i didnt know that putting it in. It was a little to big in the bottom, and wouldnt let the disconnector enage the hammer when the bolt cycled back. result? full auto as long as the trigger was being pulled. Im very mechanically inclined, and with the help of some youtube videos explaing in detail the action i was able to diagnose the problem. Ordered a replacement disconnector out of shotgun news and as soon as i confirmed that it was the problem, tossed out the old one. now it works like a champ!
DSCN5053.jpgDSCN5054.jpgDSCN5060.jpgDSCN5067.jpg

forgot to say whats in in!
Starting from the back, UTG M4 six position stock in OD green, the new tapco end plate adapter sling mount, DSA lower, DPMS parts kit, BCM flattop upper with laser t markings, BCM bolt carrier group, magpul MBUIS front and rear in OD green, magpul MIAD moe grip with AA batt core in ODG, magpul trigger guard in ODG, BCM gunfighter charging handle (medium) BCM M4 profile barrel 1/7 twist with 5.56 chamber, utg ODG aluminum carbine length quadrails, UTG leapers aluminum foregrip with watertight storage, UTG picatinny quadrail gas block and A2 flashider. thats about it i think. spent about $1200, including 10 gi aluminum mags with magpul followers from BCM. The EOtech on there is an airsoft clone but it actually works okay as a reg red dot. will get a real one for sure eventually.

Back
Top Bottom