• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FIFTH SCRAP YARD RUN!

When we remodeled our house I was working on some joist in the crawl and kept climbing over refrigerant lines. Then it dawned on me that our our condensate units were on the opposite side the house. I realized everytime the air conditioning had been replaced over the years the HVAC guys was just cutting the lines at the units and leaving the line sets in the crawl. I can't remember what copper was bringing then but after hauling 4 lines to the recycler I think I cleared nearly $200. WooHoo! free money.

We had our main power wire stolen from one of my fuel sites in Garland, TX. They cut the wire at the transformer, cut it at the meter at the building, and pulled the wire out of the conduit. The copper value was probably a couple of hundred bucks. It cost us $12-13K to get it fixed. I was so hoping I'd get a call about a smoking corpse on site.
I had to replace my refrigeration twice (12 units) convenience store before I built a prison fence around it.estimated 150 worth at the most 6500 Bill from refrigerator man.i would have liked to seen scorched ground myself.

When we remodeled our house I was working on some joist in the crawl and kept climbing over refrigerant lines. Then it dawned on me that our our condensate units were on the opposite side the house. I realized everytime the air conditioning had been replaced over the years the HVAC guys was just cutting the lines at the units and leaving the line sets in the crawl. I can't remember what copper was bringing then but after hauling 4 lines to the recycler I think I cleared nearly $200. WooHoo! free money.
Uhh.... didn't you have to pay the company to replace those cut lines during an install or was this in a house you purchased?

Sounds like a pretty good side gig 👍
well we are hack at 4 10 hrs days, so got to do something! small load today! transformer parts!

Attachments

• IMG_4834.jpeg
    IMG_4834.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4835.jpeg
    IMG_4835.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom