• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fenix LD02

36fatfriends

Default rank <2500 posts
I Will Cut You
62   0
Reaction score
Lost my Fenix E15 last week and picked this up at REI yesterday. Really happy with it as an EDC light. Extremely small. Thinner than my pinky, shorter than my middle finger. Runs on a single AAA battery, and 100 lumens on bright and three total modes. It has a pocket clip vs the lanyard that most of these micros have (like the E15) and it has click on/off instead of a screw top.

It doesn't have a strobe, but I don't view this as a "tacticool" light at all. It's just a great size to lumen light to have on a keychain or in your back pocket for when you're in a pinch. It can easily clip onto a hat bill, belt, shirt pocket, or whatever.

It was $38 after tax (brick and mortar) which is expensive for what it is, but I haven't found anything else at this size and weight at 100 lumens. The E15 was shorter but fatter requiring a CR123A. Running on that battery allowed the E15 to be brighter at 147 lumens but it didn't have a pocket clip and it was a twist-on/off. AAA batteries are everywhere, cheaper, and are tiny. All in all, this is my new favorite as a micro EDC.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Id like to hear how long you get out of thd battery when it comes time for a change.
I'll keep you updated, but everyone's use varies. That will always affect the battery life, so honesty it doesn't matter what I say. I use my EDC light a lot for work so if I can get a month out of it I'll be happy. Plus AAA's are super cheap and super available. They have specs listed for each light on the website for use hours, and in my experience with Fenix, they are pretty accurate. Granted I have only used their CR123A powered lamps.

I'll keep you updated, but everyone's use varies. That will always affect the battery life, so honesty it doesn't matter what I say. I use my EDC light a lot for work so if I can get a month out of it I'll be happy. Plus AAA's are super cheap and super available. They have specs listed for each light on the website for use hours, and in my experience with Fenix, they are pretty accurate. Granted I have only used their CR123A powered lamps.

Yeah i mean just in general. If you use it some everyday and get a month out of it vs if you use it everyday and get a week out of it. Ive been a surefire guy for ages but am tired of messing around with the 123 batteries and looking for a new platform.

So the pocket clip is removable and reversible. Makes for a great headlamp. Although it is "makeshift," I don't want to call it that because it works so well. Just walked around outside for a minute with it on and it was perfect. Clips right to the bill of a hat.
image.jpg

Yeah i mean just in general. If you use it some everyday and get a month out of it vs if you use it everyday and get a week out of it. Ive been a surefire guy for ages but am tired of messing around with the 123 batteries and looking for a new platform.

Like you I've been a Surefire guy for damn near a decade. And like you I got tired of pissing my mula away on 123s. I bought the Fenix PD35 almost 2 months ago and LOVE it. I bought it with the rechargeable 18650 and charger for under $100. This light is badass with 5 settings and up to 960 lumens. I keep it on the mid setting and use it several times a shift 5-6 nights a week. I've yet to recharge the light. These Fenix lights seem to have it down.

I really like the compact size of that one and the clip - that would be perfect for night fishing. I've been a big fan of the Fenix PD35 I keep in my truck, and then won a PD25 (in a Fenix customer survey drawing) I keep in my office and sometimes carry. They are all excellent lights and can take a beating.

That's really cool that it uses a clicky. Does it come on automatically on high each time? Or do you know if it can be programmed to do so? My E15 doesn't always want to go to the next setting without the complicated turn/ause/turn or whatever with the bezel. I much prefer the clicks.

I have an e15 and an itpA3 that is similar in size to the one you reviewed but neither have a clicky tailcap. I'm not a big flashlight nerd but I use mine often in vacant houses and just for general home use. The small size is very unobtrusive in my pocket.

Back
Top Bottom