• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Federal Champion 9mm 115gr Brass 1K @ $240 Shipped

Tikker

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score

$40 more than the recent Monarch deal through Academy, but this Federal should be cleaner shooting & more reliable.

Just curious, what makes it cleaner and more reliable than the Monarch boxes?

Not trying to discredit your statement, just looking for honest feedback.

I’m aware Federal is made in USA which is definitely a plus. Majority of Monarch is made in Serbia (PPU), but the recent deal (250 round boxes) are made in Brazil (CBC aka Magtech). I have had zero issues using ammo in any caliber made by any of these companies. Is there anything I’m missing?

Just curious, what makes it cleaner and more reliable than the Monarch boxes?

Not trying to discredit your statement, just looking for honest feedback.

I’m aware Federal is made in USA which is definitely a plus. Majority of Monarch is made in Serbia (PPU), but the recent deal (250 round boxes) are made in Brazil (CBC aka Magtech). I have had zero issues using ammo in any caliber made by any of these companies. Is there anything I’m missing?

The statement is in regards to the reviews that some posted on the recent sale listed here. Seems that Monarch runs dirty and some have had issues with primers not igniting. It could just be in regards to this current batch that they are selling at a discounted price.

I've never had such issue's with Federal.

Oh ok you’re talking about the comments in the Monarch sale thread. Those comments about bad primers appeared to be talking about the Turkish ammo that was brought up within that thread, not the Monarch ammo. At least that’s how I read it. If the newest batch of Monarch is made by Magtech (which seems likely since the boxes say made in Brazil) I think they would be great and I’d be very surprised if they had primer issues.

Looks like you're right about the Turkish ammo, I missed the two pages that posted about that info when I uploaded the page for the new replies. I'll blame that on my ADD.

I was hesitant to try the Monarch deal myself since I'm not familiar with their company. I'm still holding out that prices will continue to fall a bit more now that the holidays are coming to an end. Seems they jumped up a bit the last month or so to vamp up for the holiday rush.

No worries, I actually thought the comments were about the Monarch ammo at first too and then I realized it was about the Turkish rounds. I’ve had great experience with Monarch in the past, but I do know that these 250 round boxes appear to be different since the box states Brazil on them. I got some, but haven’t used any yet.

Don’t hold your breath on prices going down. One of the major players (vista I think) recently announced increases of 5-8% across the board effective early next year.

Back
Top Bottom