• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

February Meet and Greet,Hudson Hickory House Douglasville,Ga 30134

Sorry I missed this on Saturday but I had a little mishap Friday afternoon. I was towing my boat from the lake to my home and during the drive I hit a bump in the road and the boat and trailer came loose from the hitch ball. In 60+ years, I've never experienced that before. It was quite unsettling to say the least. Thank goodness the safety chains held up, it dragged behind me tearing up asphalt for a few hundred feet before I could nurse it onto the center median and plow dirt up for another 50 feet. Luckily I was able to get it back off the ground and hooked up again using a scissor jack and nursed it back home. There is structural damage to the trailer which I tried to fix...and a few new parts were required including a new 2" coupler and repositioning the winch stancion and bow chock. I saw my name tag on the table in 1 of the pics...maybe biker13 will bring it to the next m&g. Again, sorry I missed it...looked like a decent crowd and there were many I was looking forward to meeting for the 1st time. :)

Sorry I missed this on Saturday but I had a little mishap Friday afternoon. I was towing my boat from the lake to my home and during the drive I hit a bump in the road and the boat and trailer came loose from the hitch ball. In 60+ years, I've never experienced that before. It was quite unsettling to say the least. Thank goodness the safety chains held up, it dragged behind me tearing up asphalt for a few hundred feet before I could nurse it onto the center median and plow dirt up for another 50 feet. Luckily I was able to get it back off the ground and hooked up again using a scissor jack and nursed it back home. There is structural damage to the trailer which I tried to fix...and a few new parts were required including a new 2" coupler and repositioning the winch stancion and bow chock. I saw my name tag on the table in 1 of the pics...maybe biker13 will bring it to the next m&g. Again, sorry I missed it...looked like a decent crowd and there were many I was looking forward to meeting for the 1st time. :)[/QUOTE, glad you're ok and safe

Sorry I missed this on Saturday but I had a little mishap Friday afternoon. I was towing my boat from the lake to my home and during the drive I hit a bump in the road and the boat and trailer came loose from the hitch ball. In 60+ years, I've never experienced that before. It was quite unsettling to say the least. Thank goodness the safety chains held up, it dragged behind me tearing up asphalt for a few hundred feet before I could nurse it onto the center median and plow dirt up for another 50 feet. Luckily I was able to get it back off the ground and hooked up again using a scissor jack and nursed it back home. There is structural damage to the trailer which I tried to fix...and a few new parts were required including a new 2" coupler and repositioning the winch stancion and bow chock. I saw my name tag on the table in 1 of the pics...maybe biker13 will bring it to the next m&g. Again, sorry I missed it...looked like a decent crowd and there were many I was looking forward to meeting for the 1st time. :)
Glad you're safe sir

birthday bash march 16 at JRs got a thread about it

Wow glad you're OK!!
I saw that happen a few years ago...a Jeep Cherokee was backing his boat/trailer down the ramp at Little River. Evidently, he never latched the trailer coupler or safety chains...only resting on the ball hitch. It must have enough tongue weight to remain attached to the vehicle during the trip to the lake.
Amazing.
As soon as the trailer crest the peak of the ramp, the whole mess...boat & trailer rolled downhill right into the lake. Bounced off another boat that was just pulling onto it's trailer.
Lucky no one got injured!!

Glad you were not injured. Stuff can be replaced! See you at the next one!

Back
Top Bottom