• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Lure for Bass?

oh yeah, the white/bone works amazing on lanier! pretty much all I ever throw as topwater up there!

love the Bill Dance versions on the Heddon Spittin image also. topwater and shallow runners. the bream patter has caught many, many fish!

no boat anymore so dont get to fish Lanier.

no boat anymore so dont get to fish Lanier.

fish from shore ;)

one of these days im gonna bring my kayak up there for the coves and such (idle speed only areas lol). just need to look at the map to find decent areas I can park and put the kayak in the water without to much trouble.

in the pond i fish at, my 3 best baits are a pumpkin seed lizard on a 3/0 hook using a fast retrieve skipping on top of the water, a green and white senko on a weedless wacky rig, and a black & silver fluke with 4/0 hook.

in the pond i fish at, my 3 best baits are a pumpkin seed lizard on a 3/0 hook using a fast retrieve skipping on top of the water, a green and white senko on a weedless wacky rig, and a black & silver fluke with 4/0 hook.

I love and hate wacky style. it catches a lot of fish, but I get snagged a lot and it tears up the senkos on a fish super easy. usually I hook my senkos standard weedless style and weightless, but have been trying them out lately on a Carolina rig also.

lizard skipping across the top? hmmmmm im gonna have to try that out! that's another reason I started this thread, find out new ways to fish old lures!

I have a canoe.

that should work fine in the coves and backwater areas. I just wouldn't go in any main water or heavy boat traffic areas with it lol!! I remember one time up there in my old boat, a bass tracker pro team 185, we almost got sunk by a big ass boat passing us from the wake it left. I could never bring myself to bring my kayak near any high traffic boat areas!

June Bug Zoom worm Texas Rigged.
White Zoom Trick Worm, the lighter the line, the better.
A buzzbait or Jitterbug at night.

mmmm dat junebug!! awesome color!! buzzbaits are soooo much fun!

Culprit Red Shad worm and pumpkin seed Zoom lizard with the tail dyed either red or chartreuse are in a tie for my favorite. I'll sling a spinnerbait or Rapala stick bait for a few mins but if nothing hits the worms come out. Got more confidence in those worm combos than anything else in my box.

Nick T

Back
Top Bottom