Fascinating conversation at McD's this morning

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
307   0
Reaction score
Thought you guys would like this one. This morning I was sitting in Mickey D's eating some pancakes for breakfast. There is a young man that works there pushing a mop and broom, he's pretty outspoken. Quick to engage with people and talk about whatever is on his mind. This morning there were two homeless guys in there as well, complete with all their panhandling signs. McD's guy will be McD. Homeless guy will be HG1.

McD: Hey, I told you guys you can't bring stuff like that in here (beer)
HG1: I didn't bring anything in here
McD: Look here under the table, there is beer spilled all over the floor
HG1: That must have been HG2, I don't know anything about it
McD: But I've told you many times you can't bring beer in here, look at this floor? Who is gonna clean this up?
HG1: Yeah man, must have been HG2. I'm more responsible than that man.
McD: There is beer everywhere, now I've gotta mop this up.
HG1: I'm responsible man, you know me....I wouldn't do that. I bet that HG2 was upset with you so he poured that down there just to mess with you. I'm responsible, I would never do such a thing
McD: Now this is going to smell all day. What if somebody sits here that is a recovering alcoholic? They could be triggered by this man, that's not OK.

This is the point I couldn't hold my tongue any more.

FMG: Hey you, HG1, if you are so responsible how come you are begging for quarters on the street corner? Hey you McD guy, you know how to use that mop? Stop lecturing a customer and go use the damn mop.

I was mostly amused that this kid thought, MAYBE somebody will sit here. Maybe they'll smell beer. Maybe they'll happen to be a recovering alcoholic. MAYBE they'll be triggered.

He was genuinely upset that somebody might be triggered, I had to chuckle. God hope we don't have another world war where kids like him are called up to defend the US through the mud and blood and gore. If the smell of beer triggers him, Lord help us!

You don't have to worry about those guys going off to war. Last I heard, 3/4 of the under 25 year olds in this country can't pass a draft physical.
Yes, I did back in the day, still have my draft card, too.

Back
Top Bottom