• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Exonumia. Anybody into it?

When my brother and I were kids, we'd wander around new construction sites and collect all the "quarters" the electricians had KO'd out of the boxes they installed. Thought we'd really found something.
And they worked in vending machines...not that I ever did that, it's just what I heard 🙄

I have a pretty good group of Capitola Flour tokens from the 50's, some encased cents, lots of elongated cents, Masonic Pennies and various and sundry other medals and tokens that would fall under the exonumia hobby.

Now we're getting somewhere . . . . !

I only have one.

Z

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1851.JPG

I got big time into the Masonic Penny thing. I think I have several dozen, and one unique monster that qualifies as a paperweight.

Post up what you find most interesting. I never got too deep into the elongated's, but have a few. Encased coins, now that's another topic.

I like various festival tokens, especially if the designs are compelling. I found this one a while back. It was distributed in 1965 at a Steam Engine festival in Strum Wisconsin. What make this one most endearing to me is the fact that my parents took us kids to the Steam Engine festival in Strum that year.

Fifty-five years later, I ran across and bought the token . . . .

Z

IMG_1836.JPG
IMG_1837.JPG

I have a pretty good group of Capitola Flour tokens from the 50's, some encased cents, lots of elongated cents, Masonic Pennies and various and sundry other medals and tokens that would fall under the exonumia hobby.

Challenge Coins is about all

Dinky,

I only have a few challenge coins, but this one is the coolest I have.

It is the personal challenge coin of the Commanding Officer of the aircraft carrier USS Abaraham Lincoln.

VERY difficult to come by. If you got one, it most likely never left your possession . . . .

I got lucky on this piece.

Z

IMG_2278.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG

Back
Top Bottom