Encounter with a true giant

murphranch

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
I was feeding cattle this morning and was going to another pasture. Got out to open the gate when a doe gets up next to the corner post that the gate hangs from. Just to my left about 15 feet from me this buck gets up and takes after the doe about 200 yards and both bed down again in the bluestem grass. This pasture is 2,750 acres of tallgrass prairie and it might have 4 trees in the whole thing
This is one of the largest bucks I've ever seen. He has incredible mass, very long 2's & 3's and multiple kickers and stickers. His spread is just an inch or 2 out of his ears. He has a huge barrel neck and deep shoulders.
I was able to get a picture but its blurry and doesn't do this animal justice.
The majority of the biggest deer I've taken or have seen come from these open prairie. It's basicly a sea of chest high grass and they can dissapear out in it. That's how they get big too.
94e944bc34a448613fc8500cfe3bd88f.jpg
73b51bb98ad74287093bc5471c7c9382.jpg

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Have rifle will travel if you need any assistance on getting him on putting him in the dirt :thumb: Awesome buck and just getting to see one in the wild that big is a experience

Yeah man...I learned my lesson the hard way once.
Never go into the pasture without a rifle.
Saw the biggest buck I’ve ever seen and probably will ever see again in my lifetime in PA.

Looks like a good one. I’ve seen some like that just north of you in Kansas. Had one literally lay his head in the grass to hide his horns. They don’t get that big by being dumb.

Back
Top Bottom