• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Electronic hearing protection review

What was the story?

Anyone use the Walker IN ear electronics? Wearing glasses, that would be a plus.

They just would not cut off completely. I can easily tell a difference between the others and my Silencios just by clapping my hands or yelling. When I shot the doe a couple of weeks back, I was wearing the HLs, and my ears were ringing for about 20 minutes after.

Now I will say that from the electronic amplification side, both the Walkers and the HLs do a much better job. Personally I really only use electronic ear muffs while hunting or taking a training class, otherwise it's just regular ear muffs and doubling up.

Happy with the HL impact sports. Two pair that have worked well for years now.

I have a tiny bit of tinnitus anyway from other work related activities so they do well enough for me.

I got a pair of Walker Quad mic muffs several years ago. They worked great the first time. The head band broke the 2nd time I put them on and for $150, they got returned to BPS. I got a pair of Browning electric muffs for $60 that have been in use going to 3 years now. I use them for the range and also hunting. AR in 308 goes whomp when you pull the trigger sitting in a tree stand. Only downside to electric muffs is that a squirrel can sound like a big dog playing in the leaves. I will not hunt without them until I get my can in the spring.

Check out EAR, Inc. They sell all types of hearing protection.

I have in-ear non-electric plugs (one filtered, one not), and behind-the-ear digital aids (theirs, which I had bought at Cabela's).

Called and spoke to an Ear, Inc. sales rep. Got good info on how they work, and the pro/cons of settings. NO upsell attempts, lengthy conversation, good folks. Crappy website.

I also had spoken to them on several occasions on other question I have had through the years. Same results.

See what they have, and give them a call.

I do not have any financial interest in EAR, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom