• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Electrical help/question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still called single phase.... Don't make sense to me either and I've done electrical work for 30 years

It's referred to as single-phase because the two legs of a single phase 240vac circuit are NOT out of phase with each other. They are actually IN phase with each other, meaning that there is only ONE (single) phase. If the two legs were 180deg OUT of phase (technically two phases), measuring the voltage between the two legs would show 0v.

It's referred to as single-phase because the two legs of a single phase 240vac circuit are NOT out of phase with each other. They are actually IN phase with each other, meaning that there is only ONE (single) phase. If the two legs were 180deg OUT of phase (technically two phases), measuring the voltage between the two legs would show 0v.
Oh oh, now do delta and stingers!

****s crazy in the details. Pulling from two legs. Certain transformers can offer a different phase, but I'm not gonna lie and act like I really understand it !

Oh oh, now do delta and stingers!

****s crazy in the details. Pulling from two legs. Certain transformers can offer a different phase, but I'm not gonna lie and act like I really understand it !
Yeah, it gets a little complicated when you start talking about service voltages/transformers e.g., Delta vs. Wye vs. high leg, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom