• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Electric Smokers

I use the lump coal cylindrical style smoker... nothing fancy... i fight it every time I use it.... my friend has an electric smoker... he says he sets and leaves it.... I haven't tasted any thing from his smoker that I didn't like....

I've switched to an electric smoker for small cooks because you can do a lower temp, which I use for curing meats, and it's constant. It's really hard to get charcoal or gas below 200 degrees, and impossible to get it around 100-140 degrees that I need to cure sausage and other meats,

I like my masterbuilt electric smoker. No babysitting set it and forget it. I get way to drunk watching a wood smoker. For some reason my q turns out better on electric.

Greatest things since sliced bread. Matter of fact, I cooked a BB in mine day before yesterday. I was in a rush to get out of the house to meet a friend and turned it on, set it and left for about 5 hours. Came back it was still dead on 225 where I set it. It came out perfect. I have no idea why anyone would use anything else.
And mine is the cheapest Masterbuilt (Sportsman Elite) model. I think I got it on sale for $99. Money WELL spent! :hungry:

As a bonus, you can just use it as a regular oven (Why heat up the house in the summer?) or if you need the extra space a warming oven.

Back
Top Bottom