• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ejection port cover

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
One of my hold overs from the Corps is always closing my ejection port cover when I’m done shooting, loading, unloading, etc.

It’s weird how many students I’ve had ask me why I do it.

I had these made.

IMG_1839.jpeg

Just ONE MORE thing to add to the manual of arms. So tiresome. Why would ANYONE want more work?

Maybe to stop some sneaky bastard creeping up behind you and causing a stovepipe?

1711721339937.png

Many years ago I got a great deal on a complete upper 16" bull barrel smooth receiver with no cover and while it's a very accurate and reliable bench shooter, it still affects my OCD and just looks odd.

Just ONE MORE thing to add to the manual of arms. So tiresome. Why would ANYONE want more work?

Maybe to stop some sneaky bastard creeping up behind you and causing a stovepipe?

View attachment 7067802

That’ll cause a malfunction whether or not the port cover is closed!

I use that “tool” myself in my courses, except my stick is black. Folks are less likely to see it in their peripheral vision that way.

That’ll cause a malfunction whether or not the port cover is closed!

I use that “tool” myself in my courses, except my stick is black. Folks are less likely to see it in their peripheral vision that way.

Oh hey, it works!

I'd probably have one painted in a red/white barber-pole spiral with a bulb horn on the end.

Back
Top Bottom