• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Durhamtown Plantation, Greene County off road venue, shuts the doors

I believe it was the $30 - $60 a day per rider that encouraged that. And I don't know why it would be attractive as a development when it's surrounded by 1000's of other undeveloped acres in the middle of nowhere.

Towne Lake started a similar way, so did every other town and development.

Also, as iron clad as any "waiver" maybe, if the land owners or their associates knowing allow unclaimed risk, then the waiver won't stop or help.

Towne Lake started a similar way, so did every other town and development.

Also, as iron clad as any "waiver" maybe, if the land owners or their associates knowing allow unclaimed risk, then the waiver won't stop or help.

I stayed stuck back there in the sediment basin!

That sucks. I had never been there but I've heard a lot of stories and it seemed like a cool place to ride. Guess I'll have to settle for the woods behind my house and a few wheelies up and down my street when the neighbors aren't watching.

You cannot provide a paid venue for people to come ride and then leave culvert pipes unprotected on the grounds. They did that AND then tried to add protection to the culvert pipes AFTER the accident because they knew they screwed up. Hell, just hang cables at neck height - rider beware and damn the consequences I guess.
Yep. Sealed their own fate. Thank goodness the kid had video.

"Lead plaintiffs attorney Christopher Clark said a key factor was video evidence that the culvert was not blocked off by hay bales or tires as the defendants initially claimed.

The driver, Coleman Rogers, had a GoPro camera mounted on his helmet showing that the culvert was unprotected at the time of the incident and that someone moved tires into place afterward but before sheriff’s deputies arrived."

My year membership expires in March. There’s been a couple fatalities there also. I knew it was just a matter of time, people are just too stupid nowadays to be let loose at places like this.

I’ve been following it and heard several rumors about it being temporary so we will see what happens. There are other lawsuits in the works for more recent incidents.
30C23669-414A-405A-931B-3E109AD80CFE.jpeg

From what I read up until the week of Christmas they were still taking money for new annual memberships. There have been 3 fatalities there as well. The rider who sued did not sign a waiver at all before riding. Then they lied about protection around the culvert when it was investigated. The Gopro video sealed the deal. The rider almost lost a leg and it had to be reattached.

Back
Top Bottom