Duck Hunters

I’ve always heard reelfoot was great. But then again I’ve always heard lake guntersville was great too, but my brother and cousin went to guntersville, on a two day guided hunt and only killed one ruddy duck. Said they didn’t have but one group come within shooting range.

The mallard limit being dropped won’t effect us much. We rarely have to opportunity to harvest more than two a day per hunter. Now the goose limit being reduced to two is another story. We’ve grown accustomed to stacking up the honkers. Now it’s not even worth going. The places we target geese, rarely hold ducks, so it makes for a very limited opportunity hunt.

The mallard limit being dropped won’t effect us much. We rarely have to opportunity to harvest more than two a day per hunter. Now the goose limit being reduced to two is another story. We’ve grown accustomed to stacking up the honkers. Now it’s not even worth going. The places we target geese, rarely hold ducks, so it makes for a very limited opportunity hunt.
I agree, I just think it will be a lot harder to get a limit of 6 ducks now. Because two mallards and three wood ducks, that leaves you with only five. I just wish they would have made it three mallards.

I agree, I just think it will be a lot harder to get a limit of 6 ducks now. Because two mallards and three wood ducks, that leaves you with only five. I just wish they would have made it three mallards. Somehow what I said got added to what you said, sorry about that.

We hunted Reelfoot twice and shot our limits..
Saw hundreds and hundreds of Big flocks of migrating Mallards
I was in Reelfoot in early December and had a couple rough days in a row. I know that isn’t the norm though. Heading back first full week of January.

I was in Reelfoot in early December and had a couple rough days in a row. I know that isn’t the norm though. Heading back first full week of January.

We used to go at Christmas and then again in January

Early Dec is not the best or peak of the hunt over there..
you can usually find open guides

January is Definatley the time and ALL the guides will be booked.
I have hunted Black JackPocket over there and shot ALOT of limits..

Seen flocks of ducks so large getting up off the water at daybreak that they BLACK out the sun as it is rising..BLACKED OUT THE SUN!!
I know that sounds hard to believe and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes..
Thousands n Thousands of ducks in flight..

Well it sounds like I need to make a trip to Reelfoot. Lol I’ve never duck hunted outside of Georgia, so seeing 15 or 20 ducks in the morning is an amazing hunt.

Well it sounds like I need to make a trip to Reelfoot. Lol I’ve never duck hunted outside of Georgia, so seeing 15 or 20 ducks in the morning is an amazing hunt.

15-20 ducks is a good morning and ALOTof fun
We just wanted to go see a Duck blind so big it had attached.covered carport for the boat to park
and a full kitchen with a stove/oven to make biscits/gravy for breakfast- kitchen table/chairs and a refrigerator

The story and wonder of Reelfoot lake and its creation and the wildlife is something that's worth seeing..
We saw Bald eagles swoop down and pickup a wounded duck (Dang Eagles..)
And fly off with the duck and land a few hundred yards away and Eat Duck dinner.

The Sawgrass and flooded cypress trees...Its worth the trip to see it.

blackjackpocket.com

15-20 ducks is a good morning and ALOTof fun
We just wanted to go see a Duck blind so big it had attached.covered carport for the boat to park
and a full kitchen with a stove/oven to make biscits/gravy for breakfast- kitchen table/chairs and a refrigerator

The story and wonder of Reelfoot lake and its creation and the wildlife is something that's worth seeing..
We saw Bald eagles swoop down and pickup a wounded duck (Dang Eagles..)
And fly off with the duck and land a few hundred yards away and Eat Duck dinner.

The Sawgrass and flooded cypress trees...Its worth the trip to see it.

blackjackpocket.com
Yes I have heard that same thing from others, that the history and sights were something special on Reelfoot. Yeah we seen about 15 or 20 the first hunt I went on last year, the day after thanksgiving. That was in Georgia

Back
Top Bottom