• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drunk Hit My Son's Truck Yesterday . . .

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
The good news is was nobody hurt.
70 year old guy on his birthday drunk run yesterday, driving his late model midlife crisis red Mustang convertible. He came through a red light and literally drove up the side of son's truck. Going to be a very expensive birthday for him.
He made a right turn at a light directly into traffic. He was arrested.
Good thing a retired cop was directly behind my son, saw the whole thing and stopped. Was also a Jackson city cop there too. Not her jurisdiction but stopped to aid and kept the drunk there until locals arrived.

Son's truck is a 2000 Chevy 1500 and being almost 20 years ago, guy's ins. will probably want to total it. Have to wait for police report to go after ins. co.
My son is unemployed and does not have the money to buy another one.

Passenger door destroyed, window broke, electric window. Will have to find another door. Junk yard wants $150 for door.

Anybody got a donor truck or door willing to trade something for?

Truck.jpg

Truck1.jpg

Truck2.jpg

Truck3.jpg

Mustang.jpg

One of McDonough's Finest.
Cuffed.JPG

Hate to hear that but glad your son is OK. Check out some of these junk yards where you pull the parts yourself, I bet you can get a replacement for a decent price. Just checked and my local LKQ sells truck doors for $65.89 and will give you $10 core charge on your smashed up one. Not bad for a little working taking them off. Good luck!

Hate to hear that but glad your son is OK. Check out some of these junk yards where you pull the parts yourself, I bet you can get a replacement for a decent price. Just checked and my local LKQ sells truck doors for $65.89 and will give you $10 core charge on your smashed up one. Not bad for a little working taking them off. Good luck!
If you can find one worth taking off of a truck that year. I was gonna ask OP if he wanted to sell that truck....i need stuff off the left side for mine ! Lol.

70 year old guy on his birthday drunk run yesterday, driving his late model midlife crisis red Mustang convertible. He came through a red light and literally drove up the side of son's truck. Going to be a very expensive birthday for him.
Good thing a retired cop was directly behind my son, saw the whole thing and stopped. Was also a Jackson city cop there too. Not her jurisdiction but stopped to aid and kept the drunk there until locals arrived.

Son's truck is a 2000 Chevy 1500 and being almost 20 years ago, guy's ins. will probably want to total it. Have to wait for police report to go after ins. co.

Passenger door destroyed, window broke, electric window. Will have to find another door. Junk yard wants $150 for door.

View attachment 2322366

View attachment 2322367

View attachment 2322368

View attachment 2322369

View attachment 2322370

View attachment 2322371
@letitbeme can fix you right up.

View attachment 2322366

View attachment 2322367

View attachment 2322368

View attachment 2322369

View attachment 2322370

View attachment 2322371
Neg the bastard!

Back
Top Bottom