• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Drug bust = Guns seized

Are you OK with the confiscation of these guns?

• Total voters
So if you were the cop. What would you do? Confiscate the drugs and say bye bye,
I would default to not depriving innocents of their freedom or private property. Freedom is scary.
So we're back to some presume innocent until proven guilty (cool concept!) others the opposite. Unfortunately too many in a position to inflict those infringements seems to hold to the latter concept.

And the greatest best excuse is when you find drugs in a suspects pants and they state these are my brothers pants. Heard that one all the time.
I would default to not depriving innocents of their freedom of or private property. Freedom is scary.
So we're back to some presume innocent until proven guilty (cool concept!) others the opposite. Unfortunately too many in a position to inflict those infringements seems to hold to the latter concept.
I understand that. But you just found drugs. Not weed in a vehicle both persons state it is not theirs. Would you let them go based on their statements,

I’ve personally been pulled over with alittle devils lettuce and and a legally obtained handgun several years ago at the age of 18 (my graduation night actually). They made me stomp it out, gave me an open container ticket, made me call my parents and sent me on my way. I didn’t lose my gun rights nor did I deserve to. Yes I was also breathlized but I scored below the level even a minor would be in trouble for. I was VERY lucky on that account.

https://accesswdun.com/article/2021...-on-drugs-and-weapons-charges-in-rabun-county

The firearms don’t appear to have been stolen, but since they were found with drugs the guns are “illegal”?

613116d8b312a264979cf1ac478ff2e7.jpg

At least they don’t use the word “Arsenal”.

I’ll take them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Exactly how long do you have to be in the house before you are the one charged with "possession"?

Didn't yo mama tell you that you are judged by the company you keep?

You are obviously ignorant as to how drug busts are made. The cops do not just drive up to a house with a blank search warrant.

Everyone that lived there, visited there, called or texted there , or even sent mail there was checked out well before the bust. They likely had all the perps on video buying and/or selling to undercover guys multiple times. May (probably) have had trackers on the cars.

These folks will be put away when their lawyer sees what all the evidence is against them.

The guns are the least of their problems.

I understand that. But you just found drugs. Not weed in a vehicle both persons state it is not theirs. Would you let them go based on their statements,
What do you mean "You just found drugs, not weed." I thought weed was drugs?
In either case, I'd never a be a cop so I honestly can't answer that. I'd be fired the first day. But not for letting someone keep their gun that had some pot in a vehicle they were in. I can't even wrap my head around being enforcer, and judge in the same stroke. And if you think you haven't judged a person by confiscating their private property, particularly their firearms, based on assumption I don't know what to tell you.
I have the utmost respect for the profession. However, my respect for some of the practitioners wanes more with each passing day.

Didn't yo mama tell you that you are judged by the company you keep?

You are obviously ignorant as to how drug busts are made. The cops do not just drive up to a house with a blank search warrant.

Everyone that lived there, visited there, called or texted there , or even sent mail there was checked out well before the bust. They likely had all the perps on video buying and/or selling to undercover guys multiple times. May (probably) have had trackers on the cars.

These folks will be put away when their lawyer sees what all the evidence is against them.

The guns are the least of their problems.
Wow, sounds like a lot of precautions are taken. Now, queue the myriad of accounts of them busting down the wrong doors or heck, just a flash bang in a baby crib will do. :pound:

I think at the end of the day we should be able to agree that while yes drug dealers are definitely the bad guys, the typical cannabis enthusiast is no threat to society and unless otherwise already a convicted felon should have every right to own and purchase a firearm. Notice on the background check we fill out it also asks about antidepressant use.. I know plenty of people on doctor prescribed antidepressants should they not be allowed to own a firearm?

Back
Top Bottom