• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Drug bust = Guns seized

Are you OK with the confiscation of these guns?

• Total voters
if you are driving in a car and your passenger has drugs unless the passenger admits they are his you both will be charged and vice versa
Exactly. And you are fine with that I presume? Let's say I take a uber (the thought made me chuckle) and the driver gets pulled over and his stash below the passenger's seat is discovered. You are fine with my gun getting confiscated?

Depends where are the actual drugs at. On the passenger or in reach of passenger and driver
I'm the passenger and the driver stashed them under the passenger seat since he's a user/dealer but not an idiot. Now what? My sole defense is "They are not mine, I had no idea they were there. Give me my gun back please." You're on the jury (God help me....)

I can only report what was reported as fact for this case. I read the article.
I understand that, but it is a just a news article. When I conducted just a simple hand to hand buy of crack or ice it took about 20 seconds, after that I had about three hours of paperwork. A search warrant would have pages and pages of reports and evidentiary items. Just to get a search warrant we had to be video taped stating reasons, criminal histories and more. At least I in the county I worked

I understand that, but it is a just a news article. When I conducted just a simple hand to hand buy of crack or ice it took about 20 seconds, after that I had about three hours of paperwork. A search warrant would have pages and pages of reports and evidentiary items. Just to get a search warrant we had to be video taped stating reasons, criminal histories and more. At least I in the county I worked
I suspect that Rabun LE or its judiciary don't dwell on the more mundane aspects of exhaustive checking all the after-tip motions. No proof, solely my suspicion. It's just easier to raid the place and tag up all the illegal ##$%$.

I'm the passenger and the driver stashed them under the passenger seat since he's a user/dealer but not an idiot. Now what? My sole defense is "They are not mine, I had no idea they were there. Give me my gun back please." You're on the jury (God help me....)
So if you were the cop. What would you do? Confiscate the drugs and say bye bye,

That wouldn't justify confiscating the guns then. We've apparently fill in a LOT of blanks to justify this without any proof.
1) The guns were acquired illegally even though there is absolutely zero evidence much less proof to suggest such a thing. THERE WERE NARCOTICS IN THE HOME there is the proof
2) They were users. Even though there is zero evidence much less proof to suggest such a thing
the definition I posted from ATF is "USER or POSESSOR OF."
3) They are in fact going to be found guilty of felony charges (crystal ball) so pre-emptive confiscation is fine.
it's not pre-emptive it considered EVIDENCE until trial. are they suppose to LEAVE the EVIDENCE of one of the charges at the home and out of the chain of custody.? by your logic they should leave the drugs there too since they don't know exactly who it belongs to and come back and collect all the evidence later ...Common Man you sounding pretty dumb on this specific case

God help us when a defense of "they weren't mine" is enough to convict you. You wanna know where all this exhaustive investigation and stuff your talking about comes in? How about when it comes to finding out the facts, etc. AFTER you've made the intuitive "they were just present" bust?

Back
Top Bottom