Drop in Quad Rail for DPMS DR-10

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Would you look at that. He does 💩 in the woods.
445   1
Reaction score
Happy New Year's Eve y'all.
I recently picked this up:
IMG_20231231_142157547~2.jpg

It's been a while since I've owned anything with a classic handguard like this. I know I've done it in the past but my memory of what I purchased has escaped me. I would like to find a drop in quad rail for this.

If memory serves me right, this doesn't require barrel removal and the only thing you need is a little elbow grease to pull the collar down to remove this handguard, is my memory muddled or does that sound right?

Can y'all give me info and maybe some links?

Thanks ODT experts 👍

That Delta Ring, or the "collar" as you said, can be a huge PITA to hold down far enough and long enough for you to install a drop in rail. In my experience, taking the stock handguards off is far easier than installing the rail halves, YMMV. Using a Wheeler Handguard Removal Tool makes the job much easier and will lessen the chance of marring up your new rail or your rifle. I personally like the MI Drop-In Rails, but I can not guarantee if they fit the AR10 platform, I don't remember if the end caps are the same as an AR15, I free floated mine. Anyways, here is a link to the tool and the rails. Good luck and Happy New Year!

That Delta Ring, or the "collar" as you said, can be a huge PITA to hold down far enough and long enough for you to install a drop in rail. In my experience, taking the stock handguards off is far easier than installing the rail halves, YMMV. Using a Wheeler Handguard Removal Tool makes the job much easier and will lessen the chance of marring up your new rail or your rifle. I personally like the MI Drop-In Rails, but I can not guarantee if they fit the AR10 platform, I don't remember if the end caps are the same as an AR15, I free floated mine. Anyways, here is a link to the tool and the rails. Good luck and Happy New Year!

Much appreciated.

This would be considered mid length, correct?

Won't work. OP's rifle is an AR10, not an AR15. Barrel nut is a different size.

Back
Top Bottom