• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Downloading cam pics straight to iPhone or droid??

drsmile

Default rank <2000 posts Sponsor
Master Extractor
162   0
Reaction score
Is anyone doing it, if so what cam and apps? Tired of switching cards and having to get to the laptop to view pics. What camera will allow me to connect to my iPhone and download the pics???

Bueller....bueller.....bueller.....

I download the pics to my iPhone from the computer. Save the pics to a folder in your picture files. Then use iTunes on the computer to transfer the pics to the phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 60
There's not a plug adapter that will fit from the trail cameras to the iPhone that I know of :(

with so many trailcam companies out there, why has someone not done this yet? We all walk around with 16-32GB smartphones now; why not just plug your phone into the cam and move them over, then clear out the camera? Even a USB port??? SD cards are so 2008.

No Iphone stinks I use Motocast and all the pics I choose are synced on my pc along with my music. My pc runs 24/7 and I can see listen or download all the pics, music or docs I want from anywhere.

There are some trail cams that can connect to wifi access points and then be viewed that way. You may be able to set up your iPhone as an access point, connect the trail cam to it, and then when you are in range you may be able to browse to the pics.

Not sure and haven't researched it but seems feasible.

You could certainly use a tablet to do it.

I got one of the viewing screens from sportsmans guide for $45 that I use to just check the cameras going in the woods with. The screen is small but you can see the times and date good on it. Wifi kits I've seen are about $200 a camera to set up? Haven't really looked at them much ive just been using the little viewing case going in the woods or switching the memory card as I come out from hunting.

That's what I do too with a digital camera I keep in my bag. When I am going to check a trail cam I take the camera and swap cards and view them on the camera. Then transfer them to my synced photo library on my computer/iPhone/iPad.

Now I'm going to research this wifi set up and see if it would be worth doing.

Back
Top Bottom