Don't lose focus-

gdog

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
Don't put too much stock in "stuff". Develop skills and a plan. Remember, if you don't have anyplace to go to, you are a refugee. Get the basic weapons you need and plenty of ammo. You can't eat either of those so get a food plan together. Live in the city? You better have a country relative that will take you in. You won't survive long on handouts and charity. You won't live long on looting. The "head for the hills" folks that are going to live off the land when they get there will be fodder for the golden hordes. Don't wait any longer to get prepared. Start right now. Buy some extra canned goods, go to the range with your family. Buy a home in the country. If you don't do it for yourself, nobody else will do it for you.

The "head for the hills" folks that are going to live off the land when they get there will be fodder for the golden hordes. Don't wait any longer to get prepared. Start right now. Buy some extra canned goods, go to the range with your family. Buy a home in the country. If you don't do it for yourself, nobody else will do it for you.

Learn to grow your own fruits and vegetables. Not sure which is more dangerous....the wannabe Grizzly Adams types or the Golden Hordes. My guess is that the Golden Hordes will disappear as they die from starvation, disease, or killing each other off. Lord I hope it never gets to that point.

I'm sorry what is a Golden Horde or Grizzly Adams, My SHTF place is pretty far off in the Mtns and it is already an operational farm, am I a head for the hills type?

I'm sorry what is a Golden Horde or Grizzly Adams, My SHTF place is pretty far off in the Mtns and it is already an operational farm, am I a head for the hills type?

Golden Horde was the Mongol Army that played havoc with Eastern Europe around the 13th century. Modern use refers to the gangs, militias,etc that could prey on the unprepared in a SHTF situation.

Grizzly Adams was a character in a TV show by the same name. It was about a man that heads off into the wilds of America in the 1800's. During his journey he befriends a grizzly bear and they have many adventures.

Sounds like our place...we're just a bunch of good ole boys who have farmed, hunted, fished, heck you name it to make ends meet! This just comes natural to some of us!

My SHTF place is pretty far off in the Mtns and it is already an operational farm, am I a head for the hills type?

Probably not......I am referring to the ones who think they will be able to just pick up and head to the woods and live off the land.....it is not that easy.

My family has a place in the boonies that is just outside of a small town. We have a small farm for homesteading purposes...without going into a whole lot of detail...its a co-op type arrangement that involves three other families (one of the families are kin and the other two I have known for years). No disrespect meant I am a mountain boy myself.

So Laxguy59 are you a lacrosse fan???

Last edited:
Probably not......I am referring to the ones who think they will be able to just pick up and head to the woods and live off the land.....it is not that easy.

My family has a place in the boonies that is just outside of a small town. We have a small farm for homesteading purposes...without going into a whole lot of detail...its a co-op type arrangement that involves three other families (one of the families are kin and the other two I have known for years). No disrespect meant I am a mountain boy myself.

So Laxguy59 are you a lacrosse fan???

Oh yea I'm amazed no one has asked me that before

Back
Top Bottom