Don't go to the Emergency Room unless you absolutely have no other choice

Update, 16 hours at the hospital and still no Dr has come to speak with my wife, who was graciously allowed to stay with our son last night.
That's completely unacceptable, prayers for your son for a speedy recovery.

Not going to lie I'd be raising so much hell that they'd have to deal with me.
There should be a patient advocate at that hospital that you can reach out to.

I cut my hand pretty deep and bad on Saturday morning, Sept. 11. We drove to the urgent care (Wellstar) to get it taken care of they said that it was too deep and they would need to send me to the emergency room (Wellstar Kennestone). Go to the emergency room, they do an x-ray ($), then i wait two hours, then they $ow me up (5 $titche$), give me tetanu$ booster and get $hoddily bandaged. In and out in 3 hours.

The $titche$ were poorly done and came out the next morning.

The next day, I went to my primary care physician and they stitched me up and sent me out for $300.

I just got the bill for the emergency room and it was $5000. It was my mistake going, but my wife was concerned and I was bleeding quite a bit, although we had it stopped by the time I got the ER.

This is highway robbery and ridiculous. The fact that a person must fear significant financial harm to use a hospital is ridiculous.

Our medical industry is out of control. Not sure how it should be resolved, but $1000/$tich is just insane.

Rant over, unless you want to talk about it.
Thank Obama care for destroying the cost and quality of health care. I’ve recently learned the poor and common folks need far more than insurance. If you want the type of access and health care from 30 years ago, you need to change how you think about health care. Today you need to join a concierges doctors clinic. It almost like an exclusive club membership. They start around 2k and up for an annual membership. You have 24/7 access and no riff raff at tbe medical facilities. It’s a different world.

Oh, about 13 years ago one of my sons got the croup. It was awful, he was barking like a seal, struggling to breath, and my wife and I were pretty scared so we took him to Northside Hospital ER.

It was about 2am and we were the only white folks in the ER, which was packed, by the way with people of Hispanic decent. None of them had limbs missing or blood gushing. That area of the city doesn't have a high Hispanic population.

I've always tried to be open-minded about folks wanting to immigrate to this country to make a better life for themselves. I mean, that's the FOUNDATION of this once-great nation. But after what I saw IN PERSON that early morning it dawned on me that my bill was going to be paying for their services.

It's not a race thing. It's an economic thing. And our government, instead of searching for real solutions, is milking it for votes. And it makes me sick.
Immigration was NEVER NEVER NEVER a "foundation" of this nation; that's just globalist propaganda.

HEARD THIS FIRST HAND FROM AN EMERGENCY ROOM DOCTOR. She told me to do this. (no bs).

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND (but not condoning or suggesting it) :
A hospital cannot deny you coverage.
Go in as Juan Lopez Rodriguez. No insurance, no SS#, no ID.
Get fixed up.
Leave.

I mentioned that it would be difficult to obtain a prescription in this case. Negative, the doctor told me. Simply go to the hospital pharmacy and you'd have your ID bracelet on. Clever huh.

It is absolutely disgusting that WE as hard working americans that pay taxes, insurance, etc., get raked over the coals with costs. But someone illegally in this country can merely walk into a hospital and get all the care they need for FREE.

One more thing.

Any of y'all ever break a bone or two (not a simple fracture, but a totally separated bone)...?
Yeah, broke Tib and Fib on my right leg.
Northside in Cumming decided to put me in a splint with NO PAIN MEDS. Zero, nada, nothing. I yelled, screamed and cursed like a drunken sailor asking them to please stop because the pain was incredible. You think they did? Nope.

After the fact, I was administered a mere 2 mg of medication, when the protocol for someone of my injury and size would be 10.5. I'm a lightweight on meds and booze, and felt absolutely NOTHING with the medication. AGain, keep in mind this was after they manipulated my leg and causes the horrid pain. Idiots.

I informed the two nurses that if they would have been men, and I asked them to stop and they didn't, I would have knocked both of them out with my fists. They just gave me a look. Seriously, when a patient asks you to please stop and you don't because of the pain and zero pain meds with two badly broken bones, you deserve to be knocked the F out.

Upon advise from other medical doctors in an unrelated location, I filed a complaint. Jack shieeeeeeeeeeet got done. Waste of time. Live and learn.

Back
Top Bottom