Don't go to the Emergency Room unless you absolutely have no other choice

I've use super glue and even duct tape on some bad wounds. Cleaning is paramount to prevent infection.

I've also had to knock out a good-ol'-boy in Rabun County because he dug a splinter out of his thumb with his pocket knife and set up a deeeeep infection. We had to do an incision, clean and drainage.

I once sewed up my own leg in the army, but that's another story. It involved concerntina wire, a night march, and muscle relaxers with codeine.

Unfortunately, it is true that those with insurance are unknowingly bearing the burden of "indigent" care in the ER/ED and entire health care system. Medicare/Medicaid pays squat, and now a lot of BC/BS plans are trying to go as low as medicare rates.

Always ask for an itemized bill. You may find they charged you $12 for a roll of tape, that you didn't get to take home. And $8 for a Tylenol is also not uncommon.

On hands, you have to bear in mind the complicated movements of every joint and how you'll keep the wound from opening. You also don't want to lose range of motion.

Several months back i was in the hospital due to a seizure and fall…. I think i was in there a day or so, 30+ hrs maybe.
The bills started rolling in, $96,000 for pharmaceuticals only !! It is crazy !

That works till its midnight, you had a tooth pulled at 4pm and the damn thing wont stop bleeding because the clot keeps falling out and no dentist is awake lol. Driving to the ER in a stick shift while swapping out rags in your mouth because they keep getting saturated with blood and clot is a fun time. Let me tell you now, that doctor looked like he could pick up the front end of a 2500 chevy and was picking me up off that bed shoving gauze from my mouth to what could only be my the top of my eye socket whilst bitching about dentist the ENTIRE time.
I had one remove a cyst in my skull over a tooth root once in Cincinnati. Infection spread all the way across my forehead and into both eye sockets. My dentist said a little swelling is normal, keep an eye on it. (how, right? My right eye was swollen shut and the left was getting closed up too) My boss made me go to the ER at 7:00 a.m. The ER doctor got me on meds and the infection under control, he said if I'd waited another 4-6 hours it'd been too late to do anything to prevent the infection from going into the brain. I overheard him get Dr. Peck (the dentist) on the phone and he read him the damned riot act. I've never heard one medico cuss another one face to face like that.

I'm scared of going to the ER or hospital these days because I REALLY think they will give me the Gubment Jab I don't want either after I'm sedated of they will lie and tell me it's something good like Demoral or Morphine.
LOL, you really think they'll get to you in HousCounty before you lose your shyte and storm out? My brother and his wife were waiting with the snifflepoors for 13 hours before he took my advice and left for another hospital.

Anesthesia - Benzocaine spray (20%) is a great topical anesthetic. It’ll numb up skin and your mouth really well.

Go easy on mouth ulcers etc, as too much can cause methemoglobinemia, a fancy term for saying your blood’s hemoglobin gets altered and it may not be able to transport oxygen to your body. You can’t absorb that much through your skin, but can do so if you spray too much in your mouth.

On sunburn and cuts it’s great.

It’s so potent that if you rub your fingers with it the tips can go numb and you can’t pick up stuff.

It’s also slicker that goose poop, but, again, be careful what you lubricate: you may lose all feeling to the affected areas.

For more general anesthesia you’ll need something more.

Covid protocols= folks stacked up on top of each other in the hallways. This was midmorning on a weekday.
20210922_185102.jpg
20210922_192107.jpg
When we finally get admitted it's to an isolation room to protect us from the covids....too late for that ****.

Back
Top Bottom