Dont do what I did!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmaxwell3

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
21   0
Reaction score
I just wanted to share with you a cautionary tale about this obsession I have and this website My wife and I have been married for almost 15 years and she has given me 5 children and is six months pregnant. In the course of our marriage I have spent an inordinate amount of time on my hobbies. she has homeschooled our children, so she gets almost no adult interaction during the day. Time that I should have spent on her, I spent on my own selfish pursuits. When we were first married, I left my young wife alone far out on the woods at the trailer we lived in so that I could go on hunting trips out of state with my buddies. She cried and begged me not to go because she was scared to be out there alone and did not feel safe. I went anyway. Aside from the fact she was a mental wreck and hadn't slept since I left she was ok. None of her fears of rapist or trailer fires had happened but despite that she spent three miserable days alone while I was with no phone for her to reach me had some thing actually happened. There was also the time I drug her along with our four year old and new born son to sit in a hunting camp for new years. She had just had a c section and was still recovering from the surgery, but I wanted to hunt. Her option was to stay home alone or go with me. So she came and I spent the whole week hunting and she spent the whole week cooking and cleaning for every one there. She was tired and in pain, but I was doing what I loved and that was all that mattered to me. There were other trips that I used our vacation time on for her to wait on me I while I played in the woods. Never once asking her what she wanted to do. It has been 2 years since such a trip, but for three months out of the year I still eat up all my free time pursuing my hunting obsession. Every weekend my wife who is alone with the kids all day gets none of the attention she is so desperate for. Every night I get on this and other websites and waste the time that I should be devoting to her talking back and forth with a bunch of stranger's. Other things have happened in our marriage that have completely erased her trust that none exists where I am concerned. A few weeks ago I made some post's about lap dances and strippers. I meant them as a joke, but didn't take into account that my wife would ever see them or how she would feel if she did. Well she saw them because this website has gotten son much of my attention over the years she understandably wanted to know what I was really up to. So she went into my account and there they were. It devastated her. She is angry and humiliated that I could talk that way. That when I don't think she is looking I act like some one else. This small act was just the straw that broke the camel's back and now she's saying 15 years of this is enough and she is ready to leave. I cant say I blame her. In all this time she has devoted her life to me and our children. She has gone with out in every circumstance so that I could be happy. In turn I hurt and embarrassed her. treated her like a commodity and put my own happiness above hers in everything. So now I am looking at the possibility of not having her all for some thing stupid and pointless. So my advice to all of you is get out of the woods and off of the computer. Buy her something sparkly and expensive, take her out dancing, give her all of your time and attention. My dad made the same mistakes and now he is all alone with the free time in the world but trust me having her is a hell of a lot better than freezing alone in a deer stand and coming home to a cold bed. With this I want to say to her I am sorry I hurt you.

Difficult to read but sounds like you're in the dog house.
Thankfully my wife knows I'm exactly still the same insensitive prick she married 17 yrs ago

I'll pray continually that your children don't end up in jail.

And read the Bible. If you don't have one PM me your address. I have several. Never too late to learn what marriage is really about.

Sad story, but may be good to share these regrets with her and not here. Hope and pray you can keep your family together. This took a lot of time to develop, it will take a lot of time to heal. Best wishes for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom