• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Don’t use any gunsmith

Trademe

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
13   0
Reaction score
So after 3 months and not one phone call by the Gun Pro Shop in Elijah on highway 515. I called today to see the progress on a barrel swap they were doing for me,for an sbr ak rifle. Dude on phone said the boy working on it can’t seem to make it into work anymore and they didn’t have anybody else to do the work. I dropped a complete working rifle off in one piece and I ended up picking up a box of parts. Now the rifle was ceracoted non scratched and when I got the box of gun parts back they were all scrached and marked up. The old barrel was pulled and the new barrel put in not head spaced yet, is as far as they got in 3 months. I highly recommend you do not take your ak rifle to them, hell I wouldn’t take a palmetto rifle to them after this. This is a nfa item gun, I can’t just sell the damn thing. Now I gotta find a smith to fix there mistake and it will cost me more now then if I brought someone a whole rifle. What the hell do I do guys.

Attachments

• E4670EAB-8698-43EC-8788-573F54EE409A.jpeg
    E4670EAB-8698-43EC-8788-573F54EE409A.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 367
  • EDA38347-19FA-4E59-B88B-0D152C1224DB.jpeg
    EDA38347-19FA-4E59-B88B-0D152C1224DB.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 360
You can always ask the owner to cover cost and make it right. If they say no, proceed to magistrate court in their county with a small courts claim for damages. All it will cost you is the filing fee and ask for enough to cover the rifle work and filing fee.

Man...I don't even know what to say. I'd be beyond pissed. I sure hope it works out for you.

There are some AK wizards here on the site that should be able to point you in the right direction hopefully.

@KERTWOOD
@JDS556762
@Wudee

I think there may be some others but I'm going off of memory since I'm not an AK guy.

You can always ask the owner to cover cost and make it right. If they say no, proceed to magistrate court in their county with a small courts claim for damages. All it will cost you is the filing fee and ask for enough to cover the rifle work and filing fee.
I just want my gun put back together the way it was before they dropped the ball.

Back
Top Bottom