• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Doge warning

Any type of 'money' or 'currency' represents a unit of value that's exchangeable for goods and services. The key factor is common acceptance that it will persist in being exchangeable in the future, (if you accept it now for your labor, someone will accept it in exchange for food in the future).

Being backed by some governments is generally considered more stable than an individual, or group of individuals. Crypto seems to be more a speculative investment than a genuine currency at this point in time.

I don’t disagree with the fiat currency argument but the dollar became that way when we left the gold standard. I would much rather hold physical gold or silver than crypto. They both have historically been accepted everywhere.

That just goes to show you that the gubmint don’t care who or what you are

They only care about one thing

How to take what’s yours

Well, these little crypto anarchists are using the Govs internet to try and beat the man! The man needs to get comped for that somehow I'm sure. The same way they say it "costs" them $xxx number of dollars when they cut taxes. How the hell does it COST them a damn thing to stop taking MY money?

Credit cards and crypto currency are nothing alike.

A credit card is a tangible object- you can hold it, flip it, put it in a wallet, insert it into a reader. Not so with crypto currency.

For any one retail establishment that will accept crypto currency there are hundreds of thousands that will not accept it, but will accept a credit card.

A credit card is backed by a financial institution, crypto currency is not.

A credit card in the end is backed by cash, paper money, whether the actual paper bill or an electronic transaction that ultimately is backed by cash.

Cash can be used everywhere, crypto currency can be used almost nowhere (compared to cash).

The life of a human can be backed by cash, for example, a life saving medical procedure paid for in cash or credit card backed by cash, whereas hospitals and insurance companies are not accepting crypto currency.

I used to find it shocking anyone would buy into vaporware, IE crypto currency, but ultimately mankind has proven time and time again nothing is shocking. A couple of my mates were gung ho on crypto until they lost their investments. I told them to go all in - if you are investing in crypto currency go ahead and dump your physical ammo, just yell "BANG" when you squeeze the trigger. And fill that cup up with a tall glass of air, save the straw for someone who sips an actual liquid.

One of the worst opinions I have read on this site and that’s saying something. Cars, watches, guns, ect also aren’t inherently “spendable” yet are easily converted into cash which is also meaningless yet accepted anywhere. And if you have friends that “lost it all” on crypto then they bought high and sold low, ****s only gone up for a while.

If someone has silver & gold but don't have a gun someone else will get that silver & gold. And the Rolex, rings, gold teeth, shirt, belt & pants.

Back
Top Bottom