• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does negative feedback prevent you from trading with a person?

Does negative feedback stop you from trading with someone?

• I'll still trade with someone who has negative feedback

Votes: 53 69.7%
  • No way will I trade with someone who has negative feedback

Votes: 23 30.3%

• Total voters
Some of the people with perhaps one negative followed by multiple positive feedbacks are ok with me. We were all newbies here at some point.
The other side of the coin is some of the people here with 100% feedback will screw you in a heartbeat on other sites. I've personally dealt with one of those and wouldn't piss on him if his ass was on fire.

I think it depends “on” the negative feedback whether I’d be concerned or not.
That's right... I would check and read what the negative feedback was about. Sometimes, it is just some stupid crap, that would not make me to avoid that member.
Now, I think ODT should be a bit tougher with negative feedback... The person trying to post one should get thru a bunch of questions which can give them time to just cool off and calm down of their angry... I think!!

I have dealt with everyone on here since 2013. Some were 100% positive and some had negs. Some were newbs . I have mailed parts to newbs and members with negs and waited for payment via money order. So far I have not been burned. But at the same time I haven't gambled anything I couldn't afford to lose. When we lived in Darien EVERY deal I did was a shipping deal since I was the only member there.
Anyway, it's really a case by case basis. Some negative feedback is earned. And some is just some jerkoff that couldn't be satisfied no matter what.

I’ll deal with a trader with 1-2 negs... as long as they have at least twice that many positives...

And they’re coming all the way to me... I don’t take rides for anyone with a neg.

1 negative I check what it is. Half the time it's pretty lame.
More than 1 also have to consider the ratio Poz vz Neg.
300+ to 2- is still pretty good. 5+ to 1- jury still out.
Canceling a meet ahead of time or having to change it
to later date because of conflict can be inconvenient but
stuff happens and often unforeseen.
Negatives imho should be for things like:
*Didn't show up at all.
*Showed up 30 mins late & ran into my vehicle.
*Item not as described, got mad when I didn't accept it.
*Took my item and held me at gunpoint until he sped off.
*Tried to pay for item with a postdated out of town 2 party check.
*Tried to pay with counterfeit confederate currency.
*Told me it's a great deal, TYVM, then posted me a negative WTF?

Back
Top Bottom