• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone prefer the front cut out on the front strap of a Glock?

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I have a 34 with the front strap cut out. I know Glock has since gotten away from cutting the front strap. I am just wondering if anyone actually prefers the cut out. To me it feels weird. I dont find it as bad on the 34 as I did on the 19 but still odd. Ive debated chopping the grip to a 19 length to do away with the cutout and Ive also considered buying a frame or trading or buying another 17 length frame and swapping out between slides.

Yes there was a half moon cut out on the front on the earlier Gen 5’s. I’ve never had issue but I’ve also never had a Glock mag stick
Okay, you're talking about the front cut on the grip at the mag well. The term "strap" had me going for a minute.

I understand now. Thanks. My Gen 3 19 has that demilune cut. My G45 doesn't. To tell you the truth I've never noticed if I prefer it or not. I think there's a company that makes a filler for that.

I'm kind of vanilla when it comes to Glocks. I've never had the urge to undercut the trigger guard or even take a soldering iron to the grip. I know, boring.

I don't like the half-moon cutout, personally.
In the past I had a Gen 5 19 with the cutout - put an SLR magwell on it that completely covered the cutout. Highly recommend over chopping the frame or buying a whole new frame to deal with the cutout.

Back
Top Bottom