• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does A Gun Trust Require 2 Witnesses?

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
So my gun trust I had drawn up by an attorney has a place for two witnesses to sign in front of a notary with their contact information.

Its tough ugh to find two people that are available to meet me at the bank to sign it, much less two people that don't mind having their contact info on a legal document being used to purchase "scary gun stuff".

so I'm wondering...is this something I can remove?

So my gun trust I had drawn up by an attorney has a place for two witnesses to sign in front of a notary with their contact information. Its tough ugh to find two people that are available to meet me at the bank to sign it, much less two people that don't mind having their contact info on a legal document being used to purchase "scary gun stuff".so I'm wondering...is this something I can remove?
I would ask your attorney. Isn't that what you paid him for?

So my gun trust I had drawn up by an attorney has a place for two witnesses to sign in front of a notary with their contact information.

Its tough ugh to find two people that are available to meet me at the bank to sign it, much less two people that don't mind having their contact info on a legal document being used to purchase "scary gun stuff".

so I'm wondering...is this something I can remove?

I think two is standard but the names should not matter. Other than the ATF who is going to see the names on your trust since strictly speaking you are not required to file your trust with your county of residence, or at least that's what Doug King told me when he made my trust.

Back
Top Bottom