• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dodge truck engine swap

if its 12v mechanical its literally mounting the thing in there, one wire for run/stop, starter wiring, and alternator wiring.

also You can run industrial air compressors off the gear drive (18 wheelers do this for brakes, but makes for an awesome air tool/tire setup in a pickup). hydro pumps, water pumps, generators, etc etc etc
This, in my opinion, is the best thing out there period for pickups.

Oh AND if you:
mate it with a manual ( i prefer the NV4500)
hollow out the fuel cutoff solenoid (or replace it with a pass-through fitting)
add a 1/4 turn ball valve in the fuel line right by the IP (where that solenoid was) with a cable shifter/linkage to actuate it through the dash to act like your solenoid...

You just made not only one of the most EMP proof vehicles out there, but also the most capable. AND if your alternator/battery die the engine will keep running and cooling (if you have a mechanical fan. use a mechanical fan) until you stop it.

park it on a hill, parked on the slope itself, and you can roll start the bad boy. no battery/alternator/starter/electronics.

how can you not want that?

i393.photobucket.com_albums_pp18_SamsRams_BUD_TF750013.jpg

check out that monster of a compressor this guy put on his swap.
http://www.haldex.com/en/China/Appl...tive-Remanufactured/Bendix-TF550TF750/109382X

then you can have fun with where you mount your connections
2012-10-21+at+14-40-46.jpg

image.trucktrend.com_f_40978857_re0_ar0_st0_1206dp_06_2Bram_55cec1cdf5e8f0eb35c8257d8755fd8475.jpg

Back
Top Bottom