• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dodge Techs... HELP!

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
I have an 01 Dakota SLT 4.7 auto with under 117K on it. Right after we got it about a year ago the battery died. So I got a new one installed. Then the damn parking (amber) lights will NOT go off no matter what. So if I leave the battery connected it will die in no time.
I was told it was the switch. So ...$90.00 later it wasn't the damn switch AND I can't return the new one. So then a forum pointed to the Daytime Running Light Module . Well I just stood on my head under the dash finding and changing said module AND...that STILL ain't fixed it. So before I get arrested for burning my own truck I figured I should see if there's a knowledgeable Dodge guy here that could help me out.

Interesting, and happened immediately after battery replacement? There is a central timer module behind driver kick panel it’s a body module try unplugging it and resetting. Also look for corrosion in the connections

diagram of ctm

Attachments

• 1FEC5908-1F44-403B-BF91-F7116696D982.png
    1FEC5908-1F44-403B-BF91-F7116696D982.png
    106 KB · Views: 4
Interesting, and happened immediately after battery replacement? There is a central timer module behind driver kick panel it’s a body module try unplugging it and resetting. Also look for corrosion in the connections
I saw the module you're talking about behind the kick panel and assumed it was the ECM or main computer whatever it's called.

I saw the module you're talking about behind the kick panel and assumed it was the ECM or main computer whatever it's called.
That is the origin of what is now called a body control module, they are notorious for electrical issues and usually have severely corroded connections

Back
Top Bottom