• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dobbs Defense Hiring! (The for real thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonliberal

Eagle Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Formerly known as Bypass
355   0
Reaction score
Alright, all joking aside. It's about that time.

We will be hiring a new employee at Dobbs Defense in Dallas GA in the very near future. If you are interested in applying for the position, here is what it will entail.

The position is an entry level gun store clerk and all around new guy job. Please don't think of leaving a good job to apply here.
Starting pay is ~$10 an hour which I have no problem changing based on performance and is negotiable for the right person.
A list of starting benefits is included in the attached document.

Please send any resumes to DobbsDefense@Comcast.net you may include a cover letter with some personal stuff about why you are interested in the job if you'd like. I will continue to put these in a resume file on my desktop for now. The Monday after the 4th (1 week) I will start weeding through them and calling about interviews. You will be working for Dave so he will do the actual hiring and most of the deciding on who gets the job. You will basically be filling the front end customer service position at Dobbs Defense.

The job is a Mon-Fri 40hr job 9am-6pm 15 minutes before and sometimes after. We operate at mid speed low drag levels so no drama is to be brought along. My life is just fine I do not care to add someone else's problems in there. You will not be required to leave your phone off or in the car but I do not want anyone who has to be on it all the time or any of the time for that matter. If you have to call your girlfriend or wife every 5 minutes to make sure she hasn't fallen into a pile of dicks you are not right for us.

I am extremely easy to work for so I need someone who is extremely easy to employ. Do your job and I'll pay you for it. That is the work relationship I am looking to have.

Again, I'd like to hire everyone who applies, unfortunately there is only one position at the moment. If you work hard you'll create the need for another. This position is for a very first outside my personal circle hire. I intend to hire someone who wants to learn the game and stick around. If this is you, then you will be groomed into the first retail manager for Dobbs Defense. I am new to this too so were a little rough around the edges as far as details are concerned but we will hammer it all out.

Like I said, I'm going to do some weeding and let Dave do the hiring since he'll be the one you have to answer to and he'll be teaching you the ropes.
Thanks to all who apply and good luck

Please be sure to include your ODT name in your contact info. I am only using ODT for my hiring pool.

Last edited:
h60210CD9

Alright, all joking aside. If you have to call your girlfriend or wife every 5 minutes to make sure she hasn't fallen into a pile of dicks you are not right for us.
Seriously if I learn nothing else from this process it will be that whom ever works for you better have a good sense of humor. To damn funny! Those of us who have already submitted......we don't need to resubmit with username do we?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom