• Printed receipts

• Shop has everything in their records

• Log / ledger

• For some things, but not everything

• Tacos means tacos

Results are only viewable after voting.
But it's an Altima . . .

:lol:
When you're doing some shady **** and the police put out an APB on a silver Altima you know you're going to be good.

First, like every other car in the road is a silver Altima.

Second, everyone who drives a silver Altima has warrants.

That's how I never get caught.

most major repairs and maintenance is tracked by Carfax now. So, unless you're just keeping binder for the sake of keeping a binder all those records are on the cloud now.

Reactions: GFB
most major repairs and maintenance is tracked by Carfax now. So, unless you're just keeping binder for the sake of keeping a binder all those records are on the cloud now.
How is Carfax keeping track of routine maintenance, specifically when it's done at home?

This goes back to people taking their vehicle in for every single thing. Yes, they're drastically overpaying for basic maintenance, but there's a record. This is the assumption many potential buyers seem to have, that everyone takes their vehicle in to have everything handled by a professional shop. Some people (not meaning you, just generally) seem oblivious to the fact certain simple tasks are DIY projects that owners might choose to handle themselves. There's no differentiation between cleaning the throttle body or MAF or changing the oil (DIY) versus rebuilding a transmission (professional).

How is Carfax keeping track of routine maintenance, specifically when it's done at home?

This goes back to people taking their vehicle in for every single thing. Yes, they're drastically overpaying for basic maintenance, but there's a record. This is the assumption many potential buyers seem to have, that everyone takes their vehicle in to have everything handled by a professional shop. Some people (not meaning you, just generally) seem oblivious to the fact certain simple tasks are DIY projects that owners might choose to handle themselves. There's no differentiation between cleaning the throttle body or MAF or changing the oil (DIY) versus rebuilding a transmission (professional).
Most dealerships include standard maintenance now or it voids out the warranty if you do it yourself not to mention that these modern cars are more computers than automobiles. Not to mention that today's consumer isn't going to take a dump without reading an online review or a Carfax first...

Most dealerships include standard maintenance now or it voids out the warranty if you do it yourself not to mention that these modern cars are more computers than automobiles. Not to mention that today's consumer isn't going to take a dump without reading an online review or a Carfax first...
If you're saying a dealer must perform maintenance or it voids the warranty, then that is incorrect. In fact, I believe that is explicitly illegal.

I keep a log book in the car of each service and receipts with that for warranty parts or repairs. I have a copy set of all receipts in a file at the house.

If you're saying a dealer must perform maintenance or it voids the warranty, then that is incorrect. In fact, I believe that is explicitly illegal.
That's because of the Federal Mangnuson-Moss Act governing warranties.

"The Magnuson-Moss act was enacted by Congress in response to merchants' widespread misuse of express warranties and disclaimers. The legislative history indicates that the purpose of the act is to make warranties on consumer products more readily understood and enforceable and to provide the Federal Trade Commission with means to better protect consumers.[1]

The act was sponsored by Senator Warren G. Magnuson of Washington and U.S. Representative John E. Moss of California, both Democrats, as well as Senator Frank Moss of Utah, who co-sponsored it with Magnuson.

The statute is remedial and is intended to protect consumers from deceptive warranty practices. Consumer products are not required to have warranties, but if one is given, it must comply with the Magnuson-Moss Act."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

I've had dealers tell me that if I open the hood myself, I'll void the warranty. That's when I just walk.......I've seen where dipsticks used to go on these new cars it says see dealer to check fluid level......Ain't interested......

Back
Top Bottom