• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DIY project needing opinions: Glock slide needing refinishing / painting

RHelton10

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
422   0
Reaction score
Hey guys - just got a glock 27 (used) that has some pretty rough looking wear marks on the slide (nothing past the surface, just normal wear marks). I'm looking to paint it flat black and wanted some opinions on some either over-the-counter local paints to use or something that I can pick up locally at a shop in Atlanta; I'd rather not have to order it as I'd like to do it in the next day or so.

I'm open to all ideas and opinions - thanks in advance!

I think you are going to be unhappy with any "paint" member furious could probably cerakote it for you. Other than that, i would say take it to glock. They charge less than 50 bucks but it does take a few weeks.

Often it is best to leave it as is, especially if the wear is insignificant ...
Refinishing a firearm to other than factory finishes almost always results in a significant reduction in its value ...
Even then, prospective buyers will wonder what kind(s) of abuses the piece suffered prior to refinishing.

Use dupli color high heat `1200 degree paint it works great on Glock slides. I did a Glock 22 a while back and it looked great and seemed to hold up to holster wear really good. i have since done an AK74, Marlin model 60, Savage shotgun, and a Century c93 rifle they all looked great. Just degrease lightly scuff the area to be painted, remove the sights and tape the groves. Once you have done that just spray from about 12-16 inches and use very light coats it will look great. Here is a link from where I got the idea

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802258

Back
Top Bottom