• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dillon 750 or 550C

I have Dillon 550C and I want another press. I was thinking of trying the Dillon XL 750. I would appreciate any feedback on people’s experiences with both. I will be reloading 223 with the new press.
Recently purchased an XL750.

Loading handgun cartridges only now, will likely add .223 at some point. I reload .308 on my single stage Redding.

It has been a super press to run as few as several hundred rounds per session. Beats the snot out of reloading handgun cartridges on my old turret press! The caliber changes are easy and quick. Primer changes take a little longer, but still straightforward.

Go for it.

I have Dillon 550C and I want another press. I was thinking of trying the Dillon XL 750. I would appreciate any feedback on people’s experiences with both. I will be reloading 223 with the new press.
Lineman, I can speak to this question, however, I can not speak top loading .223 on this press. That being said, here we go.....

I had 2 550's in which we (the wife and I) loaded 9mm for matches. I found that I needed more output so I sold one of the 550;s and purchased a 750. It was extremely frustrating at first because I wasn't used to everything moving, even when I did not want it to! I had to purchase a few extra (non Dillon) parts to facilitate stopping the cases from feeding in particular and to make the operation smoother.
I added a bullet feeder because I don't use a powder measure alarm (no comments on this choice, please). I can load 100 9mm's in about 6 min if an upside-down case doesn't show up or no other snags surface.
I kept one of the 550's so I can preform "hand loading" as I call it when I have to do everything to facilitate the load.
I haven't looked back and am even considering a 1100 some time in the future. I don't think the 1100 is covered by the lifetime warranty as the blue presses are. If you would like to see a list of the upgrades I made you can send me a PM and I will answer. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!
:)

Lineman, I can speak to this question, however, I can not speak top loading .223 on this press. That being said, here we go.....

I had 2 550's in which we (the wife and I) loaded 9mm for matches. I found that I needed more output so I sold one of the 550;s and purchased a 750. It was extremely frustrating at first because I wasn't used to everything moving, even when I did not want it to! I had to purchase a few extra (non Dillon) parts to facilitate stopping the cases from feeding in particular and to make the operation smoother.
I added a bullet feeder because I don't use a powder measure alarm (no comments on this choice, please). I can load 100 9mm's in about 6 min if an upside-down case doesn't show up or no other snags surface.
I kept one of the 550's so I can preform "hand loading" as I call it when I have to do everything to facilitate the load.
I haven't looked back and am even considering a 1100 some time in the future. I don't think the 1100 is covered by the lifetime warranty as the blue presses are. If you would like to see a list of the upgrades I made you can send me a PM and I will answer. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!
:)
Go ahead and get the 1100, I couldn’t believe the difference between going from the 750 to the 1100. I liked the 1100 so much weeks weeks later I got a Super 1050 just for 223. As far as the warranty goes, the 1050/1100 are made much better. There is VERY little plastic parts, not much to break at all, unless you start forcing things. I have used Dillon Warranty many times for their other presses, but not once for the 1050 or the 1100. We run bullet feeders as well and I can run 100 9mm in 3 minutes. Get a primer tube loader as well.

I been using my 650 for about 25 years, with all the bells and whistles on it, one thing about the press, when it breaks (and they do) Dillon’s no bs life time warranty is the best, the tech crew helps figure out whats wrong and sends u the part..and pays for shipping!..I do not change calibers on it, it’s for 223!

Back
Top Bottom