• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dillon 750 or 550C

Lineman003

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
I have Dillon 550C and I want another press. I was thinking of trying the Dillon XL 750. I would appreciate any feedback on people’s experiences with both. I will be reloading 223 with the new press.

I would get a 1050 or 1100. Lots of crimped primer pockets you have to deal with if you are going to use military brass. Having the 1050 or 1100 eliminates the worry for a stoppage due to a crimped primer pocket

I had a couple 550s then moved up to the 650/750s and now I use the 1050/1100s. I kick myself in the ass for waiting so long to jump into their big presses. Now I never use the 550 and very rarely use the 650/750s any more. Get the 1050/1100 and be done with it, you willl be glad you did.

The 650/750 is better suited for large quantities of one caliber (223) bullet making. The 550 is better at making several calibers in small runs. If you like to make at least a thousand of one caliber before changing the press over to another caliber-go with the 650/750.

Just be aware that rifle reloading normally requires two passes through the press.

1. Size and Deprime. Then prep the primer pockets and case necks. May even install primers on single stage, between steps.
2. Assemble the new rounds.

The 650/750 is better suited for large quantities of one caliber (223) bullet making. The 550 is better at making several calibers in small runs. If you like to make at least a thousand of one caliber before changing the press over to another caliber-go with the 650/750.

Just be aware that rifle reloading normally requires two passes through the press.

1. Size and Deprime. Then prep the primer pockets and case necks. May even install primers on single stage, between steps.
2. Assemble the new rounds.
Thank You

In for info. I've had a 550B for a number of years and was thinking of upgrading until this primer shortage. Can't reload enough now as it is. Still waiting for primers to come back down.

Back
Top Bottom